RBESG 2016 - Barcelona

Reads 15221 • Replies 132 • Started Friday, April 29, 2016 6:59:16 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Sigmund
beers 13310 º places 446 º 13:56 Fri 6/17/2016

As I travel with hand luggage only, I will buy my beers for the Grand Tasting at Stavanger Airport. This will probably mean some beers from Kinn that are not widely distributed out of Norway. Exactly which ones I will know on the day of travel.

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 04:50 Sun 6/19/2016

I look forward to tasting them Sigmund.

<*))))))><

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 14:46 Wed 6/22/2016

Guys I’m sad to say that I can’t attend due to financial issues. Would have loved to set foot on Spanish ground for the first time in my life but it’s just not possible. Wish you all a great time and hope to share a beer with all of you some day.

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 13:07 Fri 6/24/2016

Hi guys. Sorry for not being active here, but I’ve been busy.

Originally posted by Sigmund
As I travel with hand luggage only, I will buy my beers for the Grand Tasting at Stavanger Airport. This will probably mean some beers from Kinn that are not widely distributed out of Norway. Exactly which ones I will know on the day of travel.

Don’t worry about that.

Originally posted by Benzai
Guys I’m sad to say that I can’t attend due to financial issues. Would have loved to set foot on Spanish ground for the first time in my life but it’s just not possible. Wish you all a great time and hope to share a beer with all of you some day.

That’s a pity, I hope you can come to Barcelona in the near future.

I’ve updated the planning, I’ve set meeting point for each day, also we will meet Fort cerveza artesanal owner at vaso de Oro.
I’ll like all atteendees to send me a BM with their mobile phone number so we can contact you if needed, and the time/date you will be joining the gathering (only if you are not joining us Thursdat at 18:00).

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 13:57 Fri 6/24/2016

We’ll take both metro and bus during the RBESG, I’ve been looking at the tickets and you have 2 options:
-Buying a travel card (unlimited journeys during 3 or 4 days, 20,50 or 26,50 €).
-T-10. 10 journeys (9.95€).
Buying 2 T-10 would be the cheapest option (I’ve calculated around 13 journeys during the whole gathering, including you going from the hotel to the airport and from the hotel to the meeting points).
There are 2 ways to go from the airport to Barcelona: metro (line 9) and train (there are also taxis and a special bus, but this options are more expensive). Metro has stations on both terminals, but you need to buy a special ticket that costs 4,5€ or the travel card. The train only stops at terminal 2, but there is a free shuttle that connects T1 and T2. You can take the train with the T-10 ticket.

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 03:00 Sat 6/25/2016

Thanks a lot for the info!

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 14:24 Sat 6/25/2016

There are 2 ways to go from the airport to Barcelona: metro (line 9) and train (there are also taxis and a special bus, but this options are more expensive). Metro has stations on both terminals, but you need to buy a special ticket that costs 4,5€ or the travel card. The train only stops at terminal 2, but there is a free shuttle that connects T1 and T2. You can take the train with the T-10 ticket.

Have I understood this correctly?

A travel card is valid on the Metro from the airport and the Train. The T-10 is OK for the airport Train but not the Metro from the airport?

I think a 5 day travel card will be best for me: 10% cheaper if bought online too. I can then travel around all day without worrying about 10 trips and buying another ticket all the time.

<*))))))><

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 15:48 Sat 6/25/2016

Originally posted by BlackHaddock

Have I understood this correctly?

A travel card is valid on the Metro from the airport and the Train. The T-10 is OK for the airport Train but not the Metro from the airport?

I think a 5 day travel card will be best for me: 10% cheaper if bought online too. I can then travel around all day without worrying about 10 trips and buying another ticket all the time.

<*))))))><

Yes, you understood it correctly.

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 17:13 Sat 6/25/2016

Cheers Marc,

See you at Flor de Llúpol at 18:00.

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 02:43 Mon 6/27/2016

Only just realised my hostel is two streets away from where the Grand Tasting is going to be. No need to carry my beers around all day.

<*))))))><