RBESG ’Crossing Borders’. Programme and info.

Reads 3335 • Replies 24 • Started Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:23:13 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 04:23 Tue 3/26/2013

It’s time for more information about the upcoming Ratebeer European Summer Gathering.

For those who don’t know: the RBESG is a long weekend where people from all over Europe who are passionate about beer come together and visit beer related places. This year it will take place in The Netherlands and Belgium.

The date is set on Thursday June 27 ’till Monday July 1st. The date was chosen because it is at the beginning of Summer, when it’s easier to find hotels and flights, and brewers aren’t on holidays yet.

The programme is:

Thursday june 27: Welcome Day
Arrival day.
Late afternoon: Aperitif in Utrecht.
Evening: Beer Diner.
Evening: Beer Party hosted by Rooie Dop

Friday june 28: Crossing Borders
Bus trip. Visits to Emelisse (Kamperland), Antwerp (pubcrawl) and De Dochter van de Korenaar (Baarle-Hertog).
Evening: Barbecue hosted by De Dochter van de Korenaar.

Saturday june 29: Grand Tasting
Morning: explore Utrecht (free time)
Afternoon: visit to De Molen, Bodegraven.
Evening: Grand Tasting. Diner provided at De Molen.

Sunday june 30: Sunday
Morning: Free time
Early afternoon: Visit to La Trappe. Lunch.
Afternoon: Visit the small but cosy outdoor beerfestival in Tilburg.

Monday july 1: Facultative: Sour Head XTC
For those interested, we arrange a bus trip to the area around Brussels on Monday.
Lunch at De Heeren van Liedekercke, visits to one or two breweries and the city of Brussels. This goes through when there are enough participants.

Changes can still be made to the programme, but we expect only for the better The participation fee isn’t completely known yet, as it depends on the number of expected participants. It is organised by volunteers and we will try to keep a relatively low price for it all.

More (and updated) information can be found at:
rbesg.wordpress.com

If you wish to join us at the RBESG ’Crossing Borders’, send an e-mail to rbesg.crossingborders(at)gmail.com. Do include if you plan to participate in the programme on Monday July 1st. We like it if you post in this forum too, but it doesn’t count as an application.

The RBESG is open for all people who wish to participate who happen to be in / coming to Europe. It is on a first come first serve basis: the amount of places are limited, as the different breweries and places we visit often have a maximum number of visitors. If it comes to it, preference will be given to people who apply for the whole event (Thursday-Sunday, Monday is optional), though a number of places are reserved for people who can only join certain days (please do include in your application if you plan to join only a day / few days, and state which). In any case: applying early is advised.

Hope to see you soon at the RBESG!

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 04:35 Tue 3/26/2013

A bit more travel info:

Utrecht is a place central in The Netherlands, and has lots of places on offer for lodging, from youth hostels ’till world class hotels.

It is easily reachable by train (check your local train company for tickets, or NSHispeed.

It is quite easily reached by public transport from amongst others: Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol), Rotterdam Airport, Eindhoven Airport, Weeze (Ryanair name: Dusseldorf) and Groningen.

For those wishing to participate on the Monday programme, it might be a convenient option to plan your flight back from Brussels.

NoiZe
beers 2322 º places 77 º 12:36 Tue 3/26/2013

Nice!

fonefan
beers 74040 º places 698 º 12:50 Tue 3/26/2013

Originally posted by NoiZe
Nice!

+1

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 01:43 Wed 3/27/2013

Nice to see the reactions and applications.
5 participants already on the first day of application. It’s going to be great, I’m sure.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 02:17 Wed 3/27/2013

Originally posted by Martinus
5 participants already on the first day of application. It’s going to be great, I’m sure.

Four of them being the organisers?

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 02:31 Wed 3/27/2013

Originally posted by Benzai

Not quite Rene. Incredibly enough, there are actually people who wish to participate, even when you are involved

Borresteijn
beers 11267 º places 404 º 02:42 Wed 3/27/2013

Not quite Rene. Incredibly enough, there are actually people who wish to participate, even when you are involved

Crap! Totally forgot about René’s involvement in this. Is it too late to withdraw my application?

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 04:14 Wed 3/27/2013

Originally posted by Borresteijn

Crap! Totally forgot about René’s involvement in this. Is it too late to withdraw my application?

April 6th will be your test. If you really can’t stand Benzai’s jibberjabber your withdrawal will be accepted

garthicus
beers 3025 º places 65 º 07:59 Wed 3/27/2013

Sounds great, I’ll carefully run it by ’the boss’ and see what my chances are...

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 13:33 Wed 3/27/2013

Originally posted by garthicus
’the boss’

(Me too.)