RBEWG UK

Reads 6916 • Replies 63 • Started Sunday, September 10, 2017 1:07:23 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 13:07 Sun 9/10/2017

Evening all

Dave unpronounceable is up for hosting a European winter gathering in Sheffield. Looking at first weekend in December 1st-3rd...who's in?!?

BlackHaddock
beers 15444 º places 1051 º 16:17 Sun 9/10/2017

Only if I can bring some Shropshire and Welsh beers without being 'picked on'.

<*))))))><

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 16:25 Sun 9/10/2017

Depending on work. Possibly.

Leighton
beers 33712 º places 1204 º 16:39 Sun 9/10/2017

I've not been to Sheffield, so I would definitely be keen to go to this.

Just keep in mind, if there is desire to have an 'official' RateBeer European Winter Gathering, it would be best to go through the normal, formal process for proposals, voting, etc.

Is there enough in Sheffield to support a three-day itinerary (without scraping the bottom of the barrel)?

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 03:15 Mon 9/11/2017

Originally posted by Leighton
Is there enough in Sheffield to support a three-day itinerary (without scraping the bottom of the barrel)?

If not then day trips to Huddersfield, Derby, Nottingham or Manchester are all do-able.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40469 º places 1239 º 03:30 Mon 9/11/2017

Can we see the itinerary Dave ?

As Leighton says there was talk of an official RBEWG this year so if that is to come to fruition this should be proposed in the usual fashion ..... however recalling that thread it was a list of mainland Europeans shouting out where they wanted to visit but with no one looking to organise.

This can of course go ahead as a separate event but shouldn't necessarily be titled as an official gathering without due process.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 05:26 Mon 9/11/2017

There are too many worthwhile pubs in Sheffield to get round them all in a single day. But not enough for three days (IMHO) of intensive pub crawling. If you were looking at a three day event yo might need something other than Sheffield pubbing for one day. Mind you, I tend to think in terms of 10-12 pubs per day on trips like this, which may be rather a lot if people want to tick everything in every pub.

Would there be enough people willing to take a couple of days off work to make this goer? Personally, not having to work, I tend to steer clear of weekends for my UK travels so I doubt I'd be in for it anyway.

Leighton
beers 33712 º places 1204 º 05:54 Mon 9/11/2017

Originally posted by chriso

There are too many worthwhile pubs in Sheffield to get round them all in a single day. But not enough for three days (IMHO) of intensive pub crawling. If you were looking at a three day event yo might need something other than Sheffield pubbing for one day. Mind you, I tend to think in terms of 10-12 pubs per day on trips like this, which may be rather a lot if people want to tick everything in every pub.

Would there be enough people willing to take a couple of days off work to make this goer? Personally, not having to work, I tend to steer clear of weekends for my UK travels so I doubt I'd be in for it anyway.

I wouldn't take time off myself. Would be fine for a Sat-Sun event, with maybe a Fri night added on.

cgarvieuk
beers 37619 º places 457 º 06:38 Mon 9/11/2017

Just keep in mind, if there is desire to have an 'official' RateBeer European Winter Gathering, it would be best to go through the normal, formal process for proposals, voting, etc.

dont see the need for that, the Lowlands hold an Annual gathering . Dont see why the UK cant just run one

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40469 º places 1239 º 06:45 Mon 9/11/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk

dont see the need for that, the Lowlands hold an Annual gathering . Dont see why the UK cant just run one

We can and do hold what we want.

The point Leighton and myself are making is that to call it the RBEWG (if you meant England by E steve most folks would presume Europe) as steve did in the initial post, you should really think about the standard site procedures that take place for such events.

UK Sheffield drink up or similar is an adequate title for this event.

cgarvieuk
beers 37619 º places 457 º 06:52 Mon 9/11/2017

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by cgarvieuk

We can and do hold what we want.

The point Leighton and myself are making is that to call it the RBEWG (if you meant England by E steve most folks would presume Europe) as steve did in the initial post, you should really think about the standard site procedures that take place for such events.

UK Sheffield drink up or similar is an adequate title for this event.

yeah maybe dropping the E would have been clearer :-) but
unless the title was changed , it had said RBEWG UK, so i didnt see it as anyone trying to subvert anything, just Organise a UK based winter gathering