refugees from Beer Advocate

Reads 9711 • Replies 167 • Started Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:44:44 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

sloth
beers 3473 º places 102 º 07:23 Mon 3/27/2017

Originally posted by Drake
Originally posted by JCW
Originally posted by legion242
Originally posted by beastiefan2k
Originally posted by jamestulloch
I agree with SilkTork. The lame in-jokes on a lot of the RateBeer forums are tired, and off-putting to new members - ’boost’, ’hot golds’, ’welfare’, etc. What do they add other than the sense of being on the outside of a clique.

agreed. But that makes me sound like an old man wanting people to get off my lawn.

I’m with you guys. The last 3-4 years have been horrible. I even, for the first time since joining in 2001, spent no money on Premium because of all the trash for almost 6 months. A benefactor finally paid for it, but when it expires again in a few, I don’t see the point.
I guess 16 plus years will do that to someone.
I’ll always come here, but there is a new generation and Joel or us can’t do much about it.

Now, get off my lawn!!!!!

I think most of us that have been here since the very early days feel this way.

And some of us from the not quite so early days.

Buncha old fucks bringin this place down.

b3shine
beers 12178 º places 372 º 07:39 Mon 3/27/2017

My goodness, this thread became great reading material. As for Gary, he suffers from repressed macho tribalism, an antisocial personality disorder that makes him do and say creepy things. This is an inclusive family site though, and he’s part of our e-family, so please accept his flaws and be nice to him.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 08:03 Mon 3/27/2017

Originally posted by b3shine
My goodness, this thread became great reading material. As for Gary, he suffers from repressed macho tribalism, an antisocial personality disorder that makes him do and say creepy things. This is an inclusive family site though, and he’s part of our e-family, so please accept his flaws and be nice to him.
all true other than having a "personality disorder " . I’ve seen a therapist for stress since my divorce. I’m hardcore , been diagnosed with mild depression twice . Totally fine now.

italarican
beers 1548 º places 115 º 08:06 Mon 3/27/2017

I suspect part of the issue is that few people actually join a beer site for the forums and discussion. It could be the ratings, could be for trading, for whatever, but when one of those "how did you join RB?" threads has popped up over the years, that’s mostly what you hear.

RB is now sort of a middle ground for a lot of that stuff. People look up a beer on untappd. They find out local beer news on facebook. They trade wherever (not a trader, so I have no clue). A lot of the things that would have exposed people to the forums got dispersed elsewhere. Fewer posters -> fewer posts -> less interesting to a new person -> perpetual motion.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 08:07 Mon 3/27/2017

Originally posted by Gary
all true other than having a "personality disorder " . I’ve seen a therapist for stress since my divorce., I’m hardcore , been diagnosed with mild depression twice . Totally fine no.

Gary next tim you’re in iowa we should chill and have a couple brews.

RichTheVillan
beers 10685 º places 101 º 08:28 Mon 3/27/2017

Gary is a nice guy, he’s going to buy a beach apartment in Malibu and let me live there Dr Alan Harper style

thebaldwizard
beers 1210 º places 7 º 08:38 Mon 3/27/2017

Super drunk when I wrote that post last night. Solid info, but lots of typos. My apologies.

Frank
beers 4561 º places 92 º 09:14 Mon 3/27/2017

In all fairness to the idiots on this site, most craft bier is fucken disgusting.

blipp
beers 14840 º places 219 º 14:26 Mon 3/27/2017

Originally posted by adnielsen
Finally, I’d like to echo the sentiment that if you want more vibrant forums, start more threads.

I started a beer thread yesterday and two people responded. But when this thread turns into a bitch and moan thread people come out of the woodwork for their annual forum post.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 01:32 Tue 3/28/2017

Originally posted by DietPepsican
Originally posted by Gary
all true other than having a "personality disorder " . I’ve seen a therapist for stress since my divorce., I’m hardcore , been diagnosed with mild depression twice . Totally fine no.

Gary next tim you’re in iowa we should chill and have a couple brews.
yeah. I’m cool in person, don’t let some dinosaurs tell u otherwise