regional admin?

Reads 612 • Replies 6 • Started Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:44:57 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JMerritt
places 72 º 06:44 Thu 10/10/2013

Does anybody know who the regional admin for Buffalo is? I just got back from a quick trip to Buffalo, and it seems like the entries for Pan American Brewery and Pearl Street Brewery need some cleanup.

Some of the Pan American beers are listed on the website under the Pearl Street Brewery listing, but not as a contract brewer. None of the bartenders I talked to could really give me a certain answer on who brewed what. I was just in and out for a conference, so really didn’t have much time to inquire. Hopefully there is a local admin that can maybe make some phone calls or visit to get things straightened out?

JoeMcPhee
beers 12091 º places 543 º 06:46 Thu 10/10/2013

I looked into it when Pan American first opened, but they gave me very dodgy information at that time. I know they didn’t have coppers of their own when they opened, but I’m not sure of what the situation is now.

JMerritt
places 72 º 06:50 Thu 10/10/2013

They did have brewing equipment when I was there. At least, the bartender mentioned that they brew their own stuff on premises, but also have an agreement with Pearl Street to have some of their things on tap also.

JoeMcPhee
beers 12091 º places 543 º 06:58 Thu 10/10/2013

I’ll see if I can track down the information and recontact them.

JMerritt
places 72 º 06:59 Thu 10/10/2013

Cool. Just wanted to bring it to someone’s attention.

rudolf
beers 2359 º places 104 º 09:54 Thu 10/10/2013

I’m not an admin but I can get you specifics if you ask specific questions. Its confusing to say the least. When they first opened I believe all Pan Am beer was being brewed over at pearl street (same owner) but eventually Pan Am started brewing their own beer - some of them the same recipes that were being used @ Pearl Street but with different names. I can get in touch with the new head brewer over there & get things straightened out if you’ve got specific questions.

JMerritt
places 72 º 08:22 Mon 10/14/2013

Originally posted by rudolf
I’m not an admin but I can get you specifics if you ask specific questions. Its confusing to say the least. When they first opened I believe all Pan Am beer was being brewed over at pearl street (same owner) but eventually Pan Am started brewing their own beer - some of them the same recipes that were being used @ Pearl Street but with different names. I can get in touch with the new head brewer over there & get things straightened out if you’ve got specific questions.

The few specific items I was confused about. Some of these may be best handled by adding aliases under Pan-American where necessary if they are both selling beers with the same name, but actually made at Pearl Street.

1) Was the "Octoberfest" (with a "C") listed at Pan-American actually brewed at Pearl Street? If so, is it the same "Oktoberfest" (with a "K") I saw on the chalk board at Pearl Street? (I didn’t write down the full name of this Oktoberfest, sorry)

2) Pearl Street had a beer called Lord Lupulin on tap, listed as a double IPA. Is it the same recipe as the "Pearl Street Collaboration Lord Lupulin" ?

3) Pan American had a beer called Trainwreck that I presume is Pearl Street Trainwreck ( http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/pearl-street-trainwreck/11142/) - if it is the same, perhaps an alias should be added under Pan American?

4) Same beer? http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/pan-american-lighthouse/221494/ and http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/pan-american-grill-lighthouse/182140/

5) As an aside for an admin, it seems that the (currently) 5 beers listed on the Pearl Street list with the names "Pan American..." should be edited and marked as contract beers, yes? That way they would be subdivided out from the Pearl Street branded beers. (I could send corrections for all of these beers, I know) http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/pearl-street-grill-brewery-ny/2056/