Saveur-Biere UK site

Reads 5415 • Replies 17 • Started Tuesday, December 6, 2016 4:19:50 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

EdKing
beers 3662 º places 307 º 16:19 Tue 12/6/2016

Does anyone use them? I spent an hour today trying o register my address and it was impossible, despite them having an entirely UK section of their website. Have they stopped taking UK orders?

GlasgowTAD
beers 2015 º places 38 º 16:35 Tue 12/6/2016

They recently made a successful effort to reduce shipping rates to EU countries (incl. the UK) so I don’t think they’ve stopped shipping orders to the UK; they were also promoting their advent calendar box to by email to me (a UK’er on their mailing list) which wouldn’t make sense either.

What do you mean by "UK site" - the English language version of the website? I have heard of some discrepancies in the English vs French language version of their website; namely not being able to sort beers in the English language version in the same way as in the French version (could not search by brewer or something).

As for personal experiences - I remember that when selecting delivery country there was no "UK" option but rather only England, in the address section I put "Scotland, not England" and I received my orders no problem

danlo
beers 11272 º places 300 º 16:39 Tue 12/6/2016

I did some orders with them back around June-July time and they came through fine then, have just checked and am able to log into my account on the website, so still seems live

EdKing
beers 3662 º places 307 º 17:18 Tue 12/6/2016

You can log in the www,saveur-biere.co.uk

When I fill in my address, for country there is just a "-" blank. You can’t change it. When you then click continue it tells you the country has not been selected. I’ve tried it multiple times, either placing an order or just trying to register.

EdKing
beers 3662 º places 307 º 17:27 Tue 12/6/2016

In fact the entire www.saveur-biere.co.uk doesn’t work.

EdKing
beers 3662 º places 307 º 17:34 Tue 12/6/2016

If you go to the French site you can only choose between France, Finland, Netherlands, or Belgium in the countries box.

SlackerMads
beers 4171 º places 66 º 00:17 Wed 12/7/2016

I tried to place an order to Denmark last week, but it was not possible to make the payment, so I asked them what was going on. I got this reply, maybe the UK part is useful to you:

"Due to unprecedented demand, we have had to suspend sales in your country until we can ensure 100% customer satisfaction. We are working hard to provide a service we can be proud of and, although the time-frame is unclear at this point, we are sure it won’t be long before we can you offer you the service you have come to expect.

If you are a UK customer you can order from our friends at Beerhawk.co.uk.
If you would like to know when we are going reopen sales to your country, please send us your e-mail address and we will keep you updated of any progress. You can find a subscription page on our website where you can subscribe for updates.

How soon will I be able to order from Saveur Bière again?
Our teams are working hard right now to allow us to resume our operations. We can’t give you an exact date, but we are trying our best to welcome you in the world of beer as soon of possible."

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 05:03 Wed 12/7/2016

They had massieve billboards in the Paris metro a few weeks back, I’m sure the part about demand is true, they must be growing quite fast now.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 05:22 Wed 12/7/2016

Originally posted by SlackerMads
I tried to place an order to Denmark last week, but it was not possible to make the payment, so I asked them what was going on.

They let you get all the way to making payment before declining the order, then don’t tell you why unless you take the trouble to contact them? That’s what I call poor customer service!

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 05:55 Wed 12/7/2016

I tried to place an order to Denmark last week, but it was not possible to make the payment, so I asked them what was going on. I got this reply, maybe the UK part is useful to you:

"Due to unprecedented demand, we have had to suspend sales in your country until we can ensure 100% customer satisfaction. We are working hard to provide a service we can be proud of and, although the time-frame is unclear at this point, we are sure it won’t be long before we can you offer you the service you have come to expect.

If you are a UK customer you can order from our friends at Beerhawk.co.uk.
If you would like to know when we are going reopen sales to your country, please send us your e-mail address and we will keep you updated of any progress. You can find a subscription page on our website where you can subscribe for updates.

How soon will I be able to order from Saveur Bière again?
Our teams are working hard right now to allow us to resume our operations. We can’t give you an exact date, but we are trying our best to welcome you in the world of beer as soon of possible."

I have had no end of troubles with Beerhawk. No one seems to know what they are doing and I am still waiting for my beer delivery 10 days later. It should hopefully turn up today, however I am not confident the beers will all be there.
I wouldn’t recommend using them at the moment, just read all the reviews.

Edit.

Well the beers finally arrived as promised. Took about half a dozen phone calls and lots of false information given by them. I don’t understand how you can sit on an order for 9 days before posting.

SlackerMads
beers 4171 º places 66 º 07:11 Wed 12/7/2016

Originally posted by chriso
I tried to place an order to Denmark last week, but it was not possible to make the payment, so I asked them what was going on.

They let you get all the way to making payment before declining the order, then don’t tell you why unless you take the trouble to contact them? That’s what I call poor customer service!

Yes, I wasn’t very impressed either. After I contacted them I received a reply in French that they needed more information in order to help me and a broken link to provide them with this information. Then four days later I got the answer above.