Say it aint so: Craft beer distributors support Prohibition

Reads 18090 • Replies 86 • Started Saturday, September 18, 2010 4:25:27 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JK
beers 7218 º places 442 º 17:18 Wed 9/22/2010

Originally posted by mowz
Originally posted by NoiZe
I think it’s strange that beer distributors are doing this. Why have an opinion, and if they do why negative?

In the Netherlands marijuana is legal to buy (but in small quantities, also counts for shops).

But in the Netherlands not everyone is a drug addict. The opposite is true, in the Netherlands less people are using marijuana then in other countries who banned marijuana. Less people have problems with marijuana, less crime around the pot business.

Alcohol, cars and tobacco kill far more people then pot. Why not ban those?

[room for conclusion]

Because of a stubborn government stuck in their old ways. I’d bring religion into this, but the fire’s hot enough.

Our government is not monolithic. It does change every two years.

harlanhu28
beers 1 º 18:22 Wed 9/22/2010

Originally posted by JK
Shouldn’t this be in medium? The discussion of illegal drugs seems like it should be in medium.

You have injected your hatred of Obama in a medium that is pointless.. Why would you have an avatar of a political opinion on a beer site, and then complain about medium?

kryptic
18:31 Wed 9/22/2010

I think it’s strange that beer distributors are doing this. Why have an opinion, and if they do why negative?

In the Netherlands marijuana is legal to buy (but in small quantities, also counts for shops).

But in the Netherlands not everyone is a drug addict. The opposite is true, in the Netherlands less people are using marijuana then in other countries who banned marijuana. Less people have problems with marijuana, less crime around the pot business.

[room for conclusion]

Because of a stubborn government stuck in their old ways. I’d bring religion into this, but the fire’s hot enough.

Its because of a corrupt government that is pretty much 100% controlled by corporate interests, who feel that legalizing cannabis would cut into their profit margins.

mowz
20:26 Wed 9/22/2010

Originally posted by kryptic

[room for conclusion]

Its because of a corrupt government that is pretty much 100% controlled by corporate interests, who feel that legalizing cannabis would cut into their profit margins.

Very true. I wish the Supreme Court hadn’t let corporations make anonymous, unlimited contributions. Then we can see who’s buying which politician.

NoiZe
beers 2322 º places 77 º 08:38 Thu 9/23/2010

I think that’s a really good idea.

otakuden
beers 1783 º 08:52 Thu 9/23/2010

Originally posted by kryptic

[room for conclusion]

Very true. I wish the Supreme Court hadn’t let corporations make anonymous, unlimited contributions. Then we can see who’s buying which politician.

but than that wouldn’t be american, knowing who is buying out who...
pft. whether american or not, i personally as an intelligent thinking human being who relies on others to represent her in regards to policies, issues, etc demand to and should know who is contributing to who, how much, why, and where that money is going, being used, etc. now that imo is much better and fairer politics and government then we are experiencing now and have, quite frankly, been experiencing for decades.