Shmaltz Brewery Position – Full Time - Filler Operator/ Production Coordinator
Come join a talented and committed team hand crafting exceptional beers with a unique national presence. Shmaltz Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewing company founded in San Francisco in 1996 and reborn in 2013 in Upstate, NY with a new 50-barrel, 37,000 square foot brewery and 1,700 square foot tasting room. We currently distribute our core and seasonal beers to over 40 distributors in 36 states. We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for producing great beer, a positive and cooperative attitude and ability to multi-task and work within a team. You must possess great time management skills and have an attention to detail. The candidate will report to the Packaging Manager and the Plant Manager.
• The Filler Operator/ Bottling Crew Member will be responsible for running a state-of-the-art beer filler and labeler designed to fill 22oz and 12oz glass bottles.
• Canning Line operation (2016)
• Inspect product, labeling, and packaging quality.
• Work in a sanitary manner to ensure exceptional product quality.
• Label, box, palletize, and store finished product in the warehouse.
• Maintain clean and sanitary equipment and workspace.
• Operate a C.I.P. system.
• Work safely with chemical cleaning compounds associated with sanitation.
• Work safely and use personal protective equipment.
• Comfortable working with ladders.
• Experience working with machinery. Mechanical maintenance skills a plus.
• Must be able to operate a forklift.
• Must be able to work in hot and cold conditions.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. intermittently.
• Must be able to maintain concentration on the bottling and labeling quality.
• Must be able to safely work in proximity to moving filler, labeler and conveyer equipment.
• Must be able to work closely with others on the production team and communicate with others as necessary to ensure safe work practices.
• Must be able to lead a team.
• Must be able to maintain accurate recordkeeping to ensure proper production counts and product quality.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Salary based on experience, with bonus potential
• Health care and cell phone offered
• Vacation/Personal time offered
The hours and days worked may change based on work load. Please email resume with cover letter and salary history to [email protected] with the subject “Filler Operator.” Cover letter should include why you would like to join our team, what your favorite beer is and why you are the ideal candidate. Seriously, we read cover letters. Can’t wait to meet you – L’Chaim!