site issues today?

Reads 29244 • Replies 494 • Started Wednesday, November 16, 2016 11:19:59 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Borresteijn
beers 11296 º places 404 º 02:00 Fri 12/9/2016

Latest activity works, except for the Breweries tab.
Also, when you click on Friends, and then click on a friend’s rating and go back, you end up at the Latest Activity home page (which is blank). Not sure if it’s meant to be this way, but I’d like to end up at the page I was before instead of at the home page.

robinvboyer
beers 7550 º places 104 º 15:40 Sat 12/10/2016

If it’s already been asked I appologize. Am I blind? I can’t find anywhere to add a beer to my cellar. I’ve tried mobile, and desktop Internet Explorer and Chrome.... No dice.

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 08:18 Sun 12/11/2016

Originally posted by robinvboyer
If it’s already been asked I apologize. Am I blind? I can’t find anywhere to add a beer to my cellar. I’ve tried mobile, and desktop Internet Explorer and Chrome.... No dice.

I noticed this the other day too. Went to add some smoked beers to my wants list and found I couldn’t.

jmgreenuk
beers 19374 º places 960 º 08:40 Sun 12/11/2016

Latest activity does not work for me and for none of my friends either. The old link still works i.e www.ratebeer.com/activity but the new link www.ratebeer.com/latest absolutely does not.

Any chance of either one of the two mobile apps I paid for actually working one day? The developers no longer respond. Quite disappointing really.

yespr
beers 55595 º places 43 º 11:34 Sun 12/11/2016

The problem is that there is no default selection, if you take a closer look you can see you have four options: friends, local, global and Breweries (the latter does not do anything it seems).

It took me a while before I realised the change. A default would be nice so one does not have to click again to see activity.

/Jesper

hawthorne00
beers 8456 º places 63 º 09:18 Mon 12/12/2016

Is there a list?
No answer so far.

Another one. Today I rated a cider. I wanted to see where my thinking was amongst ciders, so I clicked ...style-ratings and got a full list of styles up until ciders and sakes and meads. Whereupon someone’s forgotten to c&p the link behavior over to the non-beer styles.

It’s no big deal except I remember pointing out this (small) problem some time ago. I have little confidence that it was noted. That it’s not been acted on is not very important. But it’s a concern that you seem to be
> making changes that break things
> implementing them without properly testing them
> not hearing or documenting feedback from users about what’s broken.

If there isn’t a list of what’s been reported broken, get someone to make one. Get someone who knows about stuff to assign issues/ action to available people (or ask for people who can do stuff).

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 09:20 Mon 12/12/2016

Originally posted by hawthorne00
But it’s a concern that you seem to be
> making changes that break things
> implementing them without properly testing them
> not hearing or documenting feedback from users about what’s broken.

Welcome to Ratebeer!

Jow
beers 7338 º places 487 º 10:19 Mon 12/12/2016

Originally posted by hawthorne00
Is there a list?
No answer so far.

Another one. Today I rated a cider. I wanted to see where my thinking was amongst ciders, so I clicked ...style-ratings and got a full list of styles up until ciders and sakes and meads. Whereupon someone’s forgotten to c&p the link behavior over to the non-beer styles.

Yea I’ve noticed this as well since I’m casually trying to get to 10 of every non-beer style but I can’t see what Koshu Sake’s I’ve had, for example, it makes it tougher in my searching.

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 12:40 Mon 12/12/2016

If it’s already been asked I appologize. Am I blind? I can’t find anywhere to add a beer to my cellar. I’ve tried mobile, and desktop Internet Explorer and Chrome.... No dice.

On the beer page click on the "availability" or "distribution" linky, in the next page, top-right, you will find links to add "haves" and "wants" to your cellar

robinvboyer
beers 7550 º places 104 º 16:12 Mon 12/12/2016

Originally posted by fiulijn

On the beer page click on the "availability" or "distribution" linky, in the next page, top-right, you will find links to add "haves" and "wants" to your cellar

Perfect! Thank you! I made sure to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find my way back out of the website to get home.