Supermarket Sweep

Reads 11130 • Replies 120 • Started Sunday, January 1, 2017 11:03:17 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

evergreen0199
beers 5928 º 03:28 Wed 3/22/2017

I’ve seen Oskar Blues Pinner in a Tesco Metro (Gloucester Road opposite tube station). Quite impressive seeing this standard of beer in a Tesco Metro.

Keep em peeled!

alovelydrop
beers 70 º places 97 º 04:23 Wed 3/22/2017

Saw something on twitter this morning about Tesco stocking Stone IPA at something ridiculous like £1.39.

My local Tesco Express has Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale and Yella Pils for a couple of quid (I then saw the Yella Pils on sale at the Tap House in Norwich for about £6.50 :l)

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 05:11 Wed 3/22/2017

Originally posted by alovelydrop
Saw something on twitter this morning about Tesco stocking Stone IPA at something ridiculous like £1.39.

My local Tesco Express has Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale and Yella Pils for a couple of quid (I then saw the Yella Pils on sale at the Tap House in Norwich for about £6.50 :l)
I got the stone cans at mine and the dales beers

evergreen0199
beers 5928 º 06:14 Wed 3/22/2017

Originally posted by Gary

I’ve had a few cans of the Stone IPA from M&S, it was the German version. I don’t know what you guys think but the European Stone IPA doesn’t come close to the California brewed IPA which is lovely. I really need to check out the other Stone (German brewed) beers.

Fin
beers 17268 º places 1653 º 07:24 Wed 3/22/2017

Originally posted by evergreen0199

I’ve had a few cans of the Stone IPA from M&S, it was the German version. I don’t know what you guys think but the European Stone IPA doesn’t come close to the California brewed IPA which is lovely. I really need to check out the other Stone (German brewed) beers.

Have you tried them side by side in a blind test? Loz and I did a taste test of both the Berlin and California brewed IPA & Ruination beers we were very impressed with how close they had matched them, I wasn’t aware of what was what and guessed correctly only on account of the Californian offerings having a much richer golden colour, I did marginally prefer the Californian beers but there really was very little in it.

evergreen0199
beers 5928 º 08:17 Wed 3/22/2017

Originally posted by Fin
Originally posted by evergreen0199

Have you tried them side by side in a blind test? Loz and I did a taste test of both the Berlin and California brewed IPA & Ruination beers we were very impressed with how close they had matched them, I wasn’t aware of what was what and guessed correctly only on account of the Californian offerings having a much richer golden colour, I did marginally prefer the Californian beers but there really was very little in it.

I’ve heard that the Berlin version of Ruination is top notch, will give the German brewed beers another go and take off my star spangled banner glasses.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 08:42 Wed 3/22/2017

Tesco Express has both Vocation American pale ale and IPA. Co-op has Vocation Session IPA and American pale ale. Will check out TrAshford ASDA on way home.

BeardedAvenger
beers 7317 º places 596 º 12:04 Wed 3/22/2017

M&S are currently pissing all over the competition at the moment, at least the larger stores near me. The four local Waitrose have pretty limited selections.

alovelydrop
beers 70 º places 97 º 07:51 Thu 4/6/2017

Just called in to Tesco in Hackney, they now stock Thornbridge Tart(!) as well as Jaipur, a couple of Redwell beers, something from Fourpure (I forget what), the Oskar Blues beers alongside the usual suspects.

They’ve also got the new(?) Guinness Antwerpen.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 09:18 Thu 4/6/2017

Just called in to Tesco in Hackney, they now stock Thornbridge Tart(!) as well as Jaipur, a couple of Redwell beers, something from Fourpure (I forget what), the Oskar Blues beers alongside the usual suspects.

They’ve also got the new(?) Guinness Antwerpen.

hi
the Guinness is the regular Belgian extra stout in the database but onlu under a differing name .