The latest in the Lake Tahoe Brewing soap opera

Reads 835 • Replies 10 • Started Monday, March 7, 2016 4:36:03 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

slowrunner77
beers 17772 º places 500 º 16:36 Mon 3/7/2016

Travlr
beers 30304 º places 3522 º 18:01 Mon 3/7/2016

Nice. I’m headed to Reno beer week this year and plan a side trip to Tahoe

slowrunner77
beers 17772 º places 500 º 18:36 Mon 3/7/2016

What days are you planning on?
I think I’ll be around for the 2nd half - going to a wedding in DC the first few days
:(
Tahoe Mountain is the place in Truckee. Fifty Fifty has great barreled beers, but the rest is pedestrian.
Several cool places in Reno. I’d be glad to show you around if you’re here when I am...

Travlr
beers 30304 º places 3522 º 19:34 Mon 3/7/2016

Originally posted by slowrunner77
What days are you planning on?
I think I’ll be around for the 2nd half - going to a wedding in DC the first few days
:(
Tahoe Mountain is the place in Truckee. Fifty Fifty has great barreled beers, but the rest is pedestrian.
Several cool places in Reno. I’d be glad to show you around if you’re here when I am...

I haven’t planned the trip at all yet, but could prob do a 4 day weekend, more or less. Which days do you recommend?

Homer321
beers 5358 º places 54 º 19:49 Mon 3/7/2016

I am confused by this article. Is there a Lake Tahoe Brewing in Truckee as well as a Tahoe Mountain Brewery?

brokensail
beers 16800 º places 1405 º 19:54 Mon 3/7/2016

Originally posted by Homer321
I am confused by this article. Is there a Lake Tahoe Brewing in Truckee as well as a Tahoe Mountain Brewery?

Yes. To really screw you up, the Tahoe Mountain locations are in Truckee and Tahoe City. The Brewery at Lake Tahoe is in South Lake Tahoe, and Lake Tahoe Brewing was on the Nevada side (I guess actually Carson City?)...plus Brewer’s Cabinet in Reno has a bunch of beers called Tahoe Beer, Tahoe Blonde, Tahoe Pale...

Sledutah
beers 9393 º places 785 º 21:05 Mon 3/7/2016

Originally posted by Travlr
Nice. I’m headed to Reno beer week this year and plan a side trip to Tahoe

Hmmm, I might come over for a few days also.

slowrunner77
beers 17772 º places 500 º 21:42 Mon 3/7/2016

Lake Tahoe Brewing used to exist in Crystal Bay (actually at the Lake), but went out of business years ago. I didn’t know til reading this they still held rights to the name, but apparently lent it to the current Lake Tahoe brewing, that started in Carson but has other locations (now closed, apparently, but their cans are everywhere).
Apparently the guy that runs that place is shady as hell. Defaulted on paying for his brewing equipment, so he tried to steal it. Now this.
Not sure if there is any future for this brewery.
I think the building in Carson is cursed.
Doppelgängers and High Sierra, and probably someone else before that tried unsuccessfully to run a brewery out of there.
The Brewery at Lake Tahoe has been around forever. The location and food keeps em busy, but the beer is mediocre at best and not packaged.
I have no earthly idea how the Brewers Cabinet got to name a line of their beers Tahoe Beer. Confusing is right.

The Strange Brew Fest is on the 14th I believe (when I’m gone) but is a lot of fun.
If either of you guys come after the 16th, I’ll be around and would gladly be your beer spot tour guide.

Travlr
beers 30304 º places 3522 º 08:16 Tue 3/8/2016

I can swing Fri/Sat/Sun May 20-22. Perhaps the Thurs as well.
Craig, I’ll miss the Mountain Brewfest this year, would be good to see you again in Reno.
Is it worth a trip to Incline to Alibi?
Sorry, I prob should put this in a different thread rather than stepping on this one

slowrunner77
beers 17772 º places 500 º 09:15 Tue 3/8/2016

I’ve only been to alibi a couple times, but definitely yes. You’re traveling for beer after all, right?
I could probably get a couple guys from my small beer group to do Tahoe Mountain and Alibi again instead of our usual bottle share.
Or we can do that still, and keep to Reno. Maybe Tahoe on Sunday.
Feel free to message me any time as it approaches. We’ll do this right :)

Originally posted by Travlr
I can swing Fri/Sat/Sun May 20-22. Perhaps the Thurs as well.
Craig, I’ll miss the Mountain Brewfest this year, would be good to see you again in Reno.
Is it worth a trip to Incline to Alibi?
Sorry, I prob should put this in a different thread rather than stepping on this one

Travlr
beers 30304 º places 3522 º 11:40 Tue 3/8/2016

^^^ and if you can break away from the wedding, meeting in DC is very possible. No shortage of good beery places here