The new Copenhagen beer fests

Reads 10179 • Replies 96 • Started Sunday, May 13, 2012 3:49:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

phredrik
beers 1024 º places 31 º 06:50 Mon 5/14/2012

Originally posted by Forgetfu
>My only new suggestion would be to offer CBC and/or S&B shirts for sale. I am really jealous of the volunteers and their CBC shirts. =) I want one

I was the one selling T-shirts. Trust me, we were asked all the time of people could by our t-shirts. We had the t-shirts at the festival so that it was easy to recognize who was working there and who wasn’t.

If you were wearing one, chances were that you’d be asked to take out the trash or swipe the floor

They should be up on the webshop on mikkeller.dk by now though!

FrumptyDumpty
07:39 Mon 5/14/2012

Originally posted by kazin
Sour & Bitter: Absolutely amazing, but I had the opportunity to sit at a table the entire time surrounded by awesome people, got to try everything available except the Pig dog pale ale.
As everyone else said, the food was extremely awkward, but in hindsight it has become a talking point and a memory. The pork was extraordinary but of course too hot to hold so I started using my cotton candy stick to poke the pork and eat it like some strange meatsickle :S

Copenhagen Beer Festival: Well-organized as always, the only problem was the decrease in really interesting breweries..

copenhagen Beer Celebration: Mixed feelings.. I still don’t understand why we couldn’t get a complete list in advance since 90% of it had already been released and the rest where not that secret IMHO..
Some of the breweries were huge disappointments, such as BrewDog, Three Floyds, Nøgne (with one beer as the exception), Fanø (Saturday), Evil Twin (Saturday).
The water-rinsing-problem almost became a show-stopper but we were warned and could bring lots of our own water.
Food-wise: Next year, don’t include it in the ticket price, let people choose themselves when and if they want to eat and how much they want to spend on it.
And best in show was definately Struise :)

I’m sorry but what was the huge disappointment about us and Evil Twin?
And why was it Sat vs Friday that you hated so much? Maybe you are just ignorant to not know how small of a brewery I actually have but I made 6 full batches of new beer for this fest which is a lot for us to sell at one time so please try not to crap on my hard work because you are upset I didn’t have something super duper crazy that you will drink 1 time at a fest and never look for again.

ClubGonzo
beers 5677 º places 35 º 07:55 Mon 5/14/2012

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
Sour & Bitter: Absolutely amazing, but I had the opportunity to sit at a table the entire time surrounded by awesome people, got to try everything available except the Pig dog pale ale.
As everyone else said, the food was extremely awkward, but in hindsight it has become a talking point and a memory. The pork was extraordinary but of course too hot to hold so I started using my cotton candy stick to poke the pork and eat it like some strange meatsickle :S

Copenhagen Beer Festival: Well-organized as always, the only problem was the decrease in really interesting breweries..

copenhagen Beer Celebration: Mixed feelings.. I still don’t understand why we couldn’t get a complete list in advance since 90% of it had already been released and the rest where not that secret IMHO..
Some of the breweries were huge disappointments, such as BrewDog, Three Floyds, Nøgne (with one beer as the exception), Fanø (Saturday), Evil Twin (Saturday).
The water-rinsing-problem almost became a show-stopper but we were warned and could bring lots of our own water.
Food-wise: Next year, don’t include it in the ticket price, let people choose themselves when and if they want to eat and how much they want to spend on it.

And why was it Sat vs Friday that you hated so much? Maybe you are just ignorant to not know how small of a brewery I actually have but I made 6 full batches of new beer for this fest which is a lot for us to sell at one time so please try not to crap on my hard work because you are upset I didn’t have something super duper crazy that you will drink 1 time at a fest and never look for again.

Dude, your Chocolate Lava was as super duper and festival crazy as it gets!

I don’t really get how anyone can not appreciate the efforts and great beer made by all participants at this event. Dis the event’s (infra)structure? Sure. Dis the beers or the brewers? Hell no!

Jeppe
beers 2634 º places 84 º 07:56 Mon 5/14/2012

I actually didnt get that either? I had 5 new beers never seen before. 2 single barrel sours that will never be served again, a berliner weisse that is rarely seen from a danish brewer plus 2 other beers that made a world premiere.

Was it the lack of ABV? Then sorry my man, we can’t just do 12% stouts all the time ;)

I know Imperial Biscotti was missing and believe me when I say that I was the most annoyed by this. If you just knew how much work we put into getting it on time. The shipper fucked it up, we will not be using the ever again because of this even if we have worked with them for 4 years, and I will gladly give you an email where you can mail a complaint cause they are a bunch of amateurs and deserves to hear it from other than me!!!

FrumptyDumpty
08:00 Mon 5/14/2012

Originally posted by ClubGonzo

Dude, your Chocolate Lava was as super duper and festival crazy as it gets!

I don’t really get how anyone can not appreciate the efforts and great beer made by all participants at this event. Dis the event’s (infra)structure? Sure. Dis the beers or the brewers? Hell no!

Yes but that was friday which apparently was no issue and does not making up for the fact that he sees us as massive failures on Sat.

cgarvieuk
beers 34033 º places 453 º 08:00 Mon 5/14/2012

Originally posted by Jeppe

I actually didnt get that either? I had 5 new beers never seen before. 2 single barrel sours that will never be served again, a berliner weisse that is rarely seen from a danish brewer plus 2 other beers that made a world premiere.

if theres any liner weisse left can you send it my way

deathcharms
08:55 Mon 5/14/2012

Jeppe, what was with that "dinner"? I mean seriously...520DKK and nothing was even served, rather you had to chase it down inbetween the bean bag brigades if you wanted to eat at all. Everything else was great and handled well.

kazin
beers 739 º places 12 º 11:58 Mon 5/14/2012

Ok, I seem to have stepped on toes more than I actually intended. The reason I was disapointed had to do with expectations. I think that you consistently make great and exciting stuff, so when I read the lists for Friday and Saturday I wish I had had tickets to Friday. I know that I am spoiled and sound "entitled", but when tickets for both days cost equal, don’t blow all of the stuff that made my mouth water on the first day. you could have switched a few beers between days and made everybody happy. why not a single strong dark beer for friday? (Imperial Biscotti and chocolate lava were unavailable for me at least, and I didn’t waste that much time getting to your stands.)

All in all, I love both of your works, I just had high expectations due to that love, which resulted in a disappointment. I am sorry that my first post sounded like I was shitting all over you.

FrumptyDumpty
12:33 Mon 5/14/2012

FYI the list were not all correct as I never sent a list of what I would tap on which day and made it up when I got there on Friday. Same with Evil Twin.

Christian
beers 16078 º places 278 º 12:42 Mon 5/14/2012

Huge thanks to everyone who made these events happen. Never has so much amazing beer been served in such a short time.

If there are to be similar festivals again in the future there is much to learn, but instead of repeating, I’ll just add a +1 to the points about S&B dinner (it was impossible to match the food with beer, unless you were a 3-armed monster, or occupied the serving table)

And +1 to MiP, yespr and ClubGonzo with regards to CBC