The new Copenhagen beer fests

Reads 11166 • Replies 96 • Started Sunday, May 13, 2012 3:49:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

theRunningBoar
14:05 Tue 5/15/2012

Any info if the Spontandoubleblueberry get bottled?

LordValentin
beers 1 º places 1 º 02:22 Wed 5/16/2012

Al-rite, you know what I liked about CBC? The guests. I was a volunteer both days and it was a (hard) pleasure. I have been helping in Mikkellers booth in Tap1 the last few years and I am sick and tired of people asking me for a beer with the words "I dont like ale, what have you got?" To me, beer is not just a good time, it is also my livelyhood and the most diverse and interesting thing you can offer my palat. Being surrounded by people who were there for the taste, the craftmansship and not just the alcohol, was amazing. Friendly faces, big smiles, consideration for the next guy/girl that wanted a beer and allround good manners was a treat for me. Oh, and the beers. I liked them... If guest at next CBC (whenever it may be) are anything like this year, I swear I will work my a%& off to make it a pleasent visit. See you there.

phredrik
beers 1024 º places 31 º 02:30 Wed 5/16/2012

Originally posted by theRunningBoar

I have no idea, but it was fucken delicious, so I really hope so. Better than Cantillon Blåbær Lambik.

FrumptyDumpty
02:31 Wed 5/16/2012

Before you all shit on the American breweries over and over they had to plan out their shipping of beer 2 months ago to make sure it was here in time.

I mean jesus you all keep complaining that 2 breweries didn’t bring their most sought after beers. Could that be because THEY SELL OUT AND HAVE NONE. God please stop bitching and sounding like beeradvocate spoiled entitled beer geeks.

FrumptyDumpty
02:32 Wed 5/16/2012

Originally posted by theRunningBoar

I think not. Mikkel told me the cost per Liter just for the amount of blueberries and it is not something that would be cheap to reproduce. I could be wrong though.

Sigmund
beers 13291 º places 446 º 04:21 Wed 5/16/2012

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
Before you all shit on the American breweries over and over they had to plan out their shipping of beer 2 months ago to make sure it was here in time.

I mean jesus you all keep complaining that 2 breweries didn’t bring their most sought after beers. Could that be because THEY SELL OUT AND HAVE NONE. God please stop bitching and sounding like beeradvocate spoiled entitled beer geeks.

Jeez, FrumptyDumpty - suffering from American paranoia here? Because ONE person said he was A LITTLE disappointed with the beers from the American brewers, it is not quite the same as we ALL "shit on the American breweries over and over", is it? With so many beers of widely different styles available, and so many different people at the festival, it would be a miracle if everyone adored every beer. If some people find (some of) the American beers "average", I think it reflects the fact that European craft brewing has improved vastly in the later years (inspired by the American craft brewing revolution), and NOT that the Americans have lowered the quality of their beer. I hope you don’t mean that European festival goers should rate American beers higher just because they are American, and it took some trouble for the breweries and festival staff to get them here (for which reason we willingly pay 2 tokens even for low ABV beers)? There are enough flag waving idiots on beer websites - let us try to value beers for what they are, and not for their origin.

BTW, FrumptyDumpty, I think you make some excellent beers at Fanø Bryghus. Not necessarily because you are American, but because you apparently are a damn good brewer!

FrumptyDumpty
04:29 Wed 5/16/2012

No I am just upset people keep listing a that there was no BA DL or BA Hunna as a con for the fest when what the brewers brought was not dictated by Mikkeller or Jeppe. They could ask for breweries to bring that stuff till they were blue in the face but in the end each brewery brought what they wanted and I don’t see how you can fault the fest for that. Tons of great beer yet some people want to single out those 2 breweries and complain because those 2 beers where not there.

I was unaware that in europe we had such amazing access to Three Floyds that we need complain when they do not bring 1 beer to a fest.

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 05:45 Wed 5/16/2012

Originally posted by TURDFERGUSON
Originally posted by Travlr
CBC was the best fest of the year for me so far - and those of you who know me know that I do a lot of fests! The brewers worked their butts off, and the volunteers with the CBC T-shirts worked even harder (and did all the dirty jobs too). Best thing, like always, was meeting everyone - brewers and Ratebeerians alike.
Definitely looking forward to next year. I would worry more about deconflicting with the Haand festival (like was done this year) than any others.
As far as beer selection was concerned, it was just about the best of any festival I’ve ever seen, top three anyway. I think it’s best to just enjoy what’s on offer, because if you expect to find very specific beers, you’ll be disappointed more ofthen than not. And what was on offer was amazing! Urbain outdid himself yet again, and Terry’s stuff from Cabinet Artisinal (aka Farmers Cabinet) was awesome. I hope they work out a deal that brings more of their beers to Europe, but until then, come to Philladelphia or DC to get more!

Well said, Gene. I realize henrik asked for feedback but i just don’t see how you could possibly complain about the beer selection. As far as I know, DL has never been available at any other festival in the USA besides DLD. Maybe GTMW.

It has certainly been at the Great Taste every year. Last year I think they even brought three or four varieties which resulted in lines almost as long as the ones for the BCS taps.

phredrik
beers 1024 º places 31 º 05:51 Wed 5/16/2012

No I am just upset people keep listing a that there was no BA DL or BA Hunna as a con for the fest when what the brewers brought was not dictated by Mikkeller or Jeppe. They could ask for breweries to bring that stuff till they were blue in the face but in the end each brewery brought what they wanted and I don’t see how you can fault the fest for that. Tons of great beer yet some people want to single out those 2 breweries and complain because those 2 beers where not there.

I was unaware that in europe we had such amazing access to Three Floyds that we need complain when they do not bring 1 beer to a fest.

I fully agree! There was tons of world class beers EVERYWHERE on CBC.

Instead of being sad that 3F and Cigar City didn’t bring über .rar -bal DONG whales, they should just have chilled and drank some of the world class offerings that they actually did bring - Alpha King, Topless Wytch, Powder Burns, Marshall Zhukov, Church on a Hill to name a few of the really good ones from the called out breweries.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 06:30 Wed 5/16/2012

Originally posted by phredrik

I fully agree! There was tons of world class beers EVERYWHERE on CBC.

Instead of being sad that 3F and Cigar City didn’t bring über .rar -bal DONG whales, they should just have chilled and drank some of the world class offerings that they actually did bring - Alpha King, Topless Wytch, Powder Burns, Marshall Zhukov, Church on a Hill to name a few of the really good ones from the called out breweries.

If it means anything, Powder Burns was much better than an DL variant. I’m just saying I was surprised that not everyone brought heavy hitters. Perfectly fine and I’m not complaining. Just pointing out that perhaps a few people were disappointed. There was no tap list ever given out ahead of time so people were free to speculate what would be on offer. When that happens, maybe some people create some false hope. Pretty natural I’d say.