The new Copenhagen beer fests

Reads 10167 • Replies 96 • Started Sunday, May 13, 2012 3:49:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen
 
Defreni
beers 4821 º places 113 º 06:51 Wed 5/16/2012

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
No I am just upset people keep listing a that there was no BA DL or BA Hunna as a con for the fest when what the brewers brought was not dictated by Mikkeller or Jeppe. They could ask for breweries to bring that stuff till they were blue in the face but in the end each brewery brought what they wanted and I don’t see how you can fault the fest for that. Tons of great beer yet some people want to single out those 2 breweries and complain because those 2 beers where not there.

I was unaware that in europe we had such amazing access to Three Floyds that we need complain when they do not bring 1 beer to a fest.


As I read this thread it is mostly praise in high tones, my post including. But if you have 1000 people doing anything there is bound to be a few that have small grievances.
But even the post with small grievances have a lot of high praise as well. I dont think anybody is trying to belittle the great work and effort Jeppe and Mikkel put into these events. But if you strive to become the best in the world, you must accept that people hold you to a high standard.
Btw I thought Fanøs beers where some of the best I had on the festival. Which is high praise, as I had absolutely no bad beer for two days.

Regards
Defreni

 
kappldav123
beers 8125 º places 10 º 07:00 Wed 5/16/2012

Originally posted by Defreni
Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
No I am just upset people keep listing a that there was no BA DL or BA Hunna as a con for the fest when what the brewers brought was not dictated by Mikkeller or Jeppe. They could ask for breweries to bring that stuff till they were blue in the face but in the end each brewery brought what they wanted and I don’t see how you can fault the fest for that. Tons of great beer yet some people want to single out those 2 breweries and complain because those 2 beers where not there.

I was unaware that in europe we had such amazing access to Three Floyds that we need complain when they do not bring 1 beer to a fest.


As I read this thread it is mostly praise in high tones, my post including. But if you have 1000 people doing anything there is bound to be a few that have small grievances.
But even the post with small grievances have a lot of high praise as well. I dont think anybody is trying to belittle the great work and effort Jeppe and Mikkel put into these events. But if you strive to become the best in the world, you must accept that people hold you to a high standard.
Btw I thought Fanøs beers where some of the best I had on the festival. Which is high praise, as I had absolutely no bad beer for two days.

Regards
Defreni


Absolutely right! With my post I didnt want to say anything bad about that event at all. As said before: It was amazing, great people and great beer! And right: it was said that the goal was to organize the best beer event ever - so of course that makes people dream and creates high expectations. All the beers 3 Floyds and Cigar City brought were great, can say nothing bad at all. There was just that little thought in my had: maybe they bring one BA Dark Lord as a nice surprise. No problem at all, I enjoyed a lot of other great beers and there were really nice surprises. And I was flashed by the Struise selection - what a list of great beers!

Again: thumbs up for all the hard work that was done to make these events happen. Hope they will happen again and I would be very happy to join both again.

Cheers!

 
Sigmund
beers 11471 º places 418 º 08:05 Wed 5/16/2012

As you all know, this was the first CBC ever, and it’s only natural that a first time festival will have room for improvement - and also that people want to contribute with constructive criticism, to make the fest even better next year. If people can’t handle getting suggestions for improvement, I think they might have a problem in the first place. That being said, my opinion of any beer festival is NOT (and will never be) dependent on the appearance (or no appearance) of Dark Lord, which certainly is a good beer (I gave it a 4.2), but also the most over-hyped beer in the world.

 
3fourths
beers 9493 º places 1576 º 09:13 Wed 5/16/2012
 
MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 09:39 Wed 5/16/2012

Was only at the CBC.

I thought it was fantastic. The atmosphere was great, very relaxed and the interaction everyone could have with the breweries was key. The breweries represented was a great mix and the selection of sour stuff, that i always feel is lacking at beer fests, was awesome. Only fault i could see was a lack of places to rince glasses, but it was a probably a good thing that you had to buy water to do it as this probably kept alot of people from failing too early.

 
LordValentin
beers 1 º places 1 º 04:07 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by MagicDave6
Was only at the CBC.

I thought it was fantastic. The atmosphere was great, very relaxed and the interaction everyone could have with the breweries was key. The breweries represented was a great mix and the selection of sour stuff, that i always feel is lacking at beer fests, was awesome. Only fault i could see was a lack of places to rince glasses, but it was a probably a good thing that you had to buy water to do it as this probably kept alot of people from failing too early.


I actually think you are right, the fact that (most) people had a bottle of water in the pocket - and no place to spit it out - might have been a good thing. Not a single person (that I saw) that could not hold their liquor.

 
FrumptyDumpty
04:14 Thu 5/17/2012

There was only 2 or 3 people I saw during the fest that were in really bad shape. That is pretty awesome considering what I have seen at many many other fest.

 
Travlr
beers 30300 º places 3522 º 05:20 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
There was only 2 or 3 people I saw during the fest that were in really bad shape. That is pretty awesome considering what I have seen at many many other fest.
and at least one of those was a brewer, and one was a bar owner.

 
phredrik
beers 1024 º places 31 º 05:50 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
There was only 2 or 3 people I saw during the fest that were in really bad shape. That is pretty awesome considering what I have seen at many many other fest.
and at least one of those was a brewer, and one was a bar owner.

 
GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 07:06 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by phredrik
Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
There was only 2 or 3 people I saw during the fest that were in really bad shape. That is pretty awesome considering what I have seen at many many other fest.
and at least one of those was a brewer, and one was a bar owner.




http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbscavenger/7215087386/in/photostream