The text in my recent ratings is getting randomly deleted

Reads 577 • Replies 10 • Started Thursday, November 2, 2017 6:25:09 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

 
adamnowek
beers 5767 º places 118 º 18:25 Thu 11/2/2017

Please explain this.

 
cgarvieuk
beers 33010 º places 453 º 03:28 Fri 11/3/2017

Originally posted by adamnowek
Please explain this.


are you ticking things.
as ticks and reviews are being integrated so you can choose one or other. the ticks via app just now support same score system as reviews. just doesn't meet character count


i think uf you tick after review this may cause it. and needs a protection measure to stop accidentally deleting txt.

but its a work in process

 
minutemat
beers 10475 º places 396 º 03:35 Fri 11/3/2017

Some of my forum posts are not appearing

My ratings keep going down then back up again

 
BeardedAvenger
beers 4023 º places 378 º 05:17 Fri 11/3/2017

The forum seems to dislike certain punctuation marks. Posts with them disappear into the ether.

 
MarcoDL
beers 7672 º places 211 º 06:54 Fri 11/3/2017

Originally posted by BeardedAvenger
The forum seems to dislike certain punctuation marks. Posts with them disappear into the ether.


Describing the ratebeer software as an erratic sentient being might actually be the best way to comprehend how all of this functions.

 
adamnowek
beers 5767 º places 118 º 09:46 Sat 11/4/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by adamnowek
Please explain this.


are you ticking things.


I wrote full reviews. But they were saved as ticks for some reason.

 
Bitterbill
beers 2772 º places 25 º 10:02 Sat 11/4/2017

I don't see any ticks only in your profile.?

 
Bitterbill
beers 2772 º places 25 º 10:27 Sat 11/4/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by adamnowek
Please explain this.


are you ticking things.
as ticks and reviews are being integrated so you can choose one or other. the ticks via app just now support same score system as reviews. just doesn't meet character count


i think uf you tick after review this may cause it. and needs a protection measure to stop accidentally deleting txt.

but its a work in process


I see his review of Warka Strong on the website but not on the app.

 
wheresthepath
beers 2940 º places 185 º 04:48 Sun 11/5/2017

Originally posted by BeardedAvenger
The forum seems to dislike certain punctuation marks. Posts with them disappear into the ether.


Anything with an ampersand in particular - it keeps catching me out and is bloody annoying. I seem to remember Joet saying this would be fixed soon though.

 
adamnowek
beers 5767 º places 118 º 07:41 Sun 11/5/2017

Originally posted by Bill Becker
I don't see any ticks only in your profile.?


That's because I fixed them.

 
Bitterbill
beers 2772 º places 25 º 08:25 Sun 11/5/2017

Originally posted by adamnowek
Originally posted by Bill Becker
I don't see any ticks only in your profile.?


That's because I fixed them.