Top 5 MA breweries

Reads 1729 • Replies 17 • Started Tuesday, May 17, 2016 10:21:42 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AirForceHops
beers 15034 º places 225 º 13:02 Fri 9/30/2016

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 13:42 Fri 9/30/2016

I haven’t had enough MA beer to weigh in on this one. Most MA beer is just not good or straight up copy-cats of Hill Farmstead who are too lame to find their own yeast strains? Too many MA brewers are brewing milkshake IPAs or copying Hill Farmstead.

ClarkVV
beers 13406 º places 111 º 14:41 Fri 9/30/2016

Originally posted by AdamChandler
I haven’t had enough MA beer to weigh in on this one. Most MA beer is just not good or straight up copy-cats of Hill Farmstead who are too lame to find their own yeast strains? Too many MA brewers are brewing milkshake IPAs or copying Hill Farmstead.

You should try tree house! Very different than hill farmstead. Super juice bombs as opposed to hills more dry, elegant examples. You also may say that hill farmstead has copied much from CBC who is another great brewer. Trillium makes delicious beers as well! And night shift and mystic both offer a wide range of unique beers not found at hill farmstead.

ClarkVV
beers 13406 º places 111 º 14:50 Fri 9/30/2016

It really is just a god awful argument. I mean, i get youre half trolling but by your logic, you should give low marks to his wine barrel blended beers-CBC already did that and he is stealing it from them.
You should also give low marks to his NE pale ales-Alchemist did that first and he stole that from them.
It’s ok to copy a style from another brewer. Tree house, hill farmstead, alchemist and Trillium all taste very different and the more brewers making good beers the better.

ClarkVV
beers 13406 º places 111 º 14:53 Fri 9/30/2016

Also no one stole hill farmsteads yeast strain....Shaun began w a commercial yeast strain and developed it over the years: just like every other brewery. ??

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 14:59 Fri 9/30/2016

My point is, there’s not a beer in Mass that warrants me driving an extra half hour each way to visit instead of going up to hill Farmstead.

Every one I have, I think "this is close but not quite as good as Hill Farmstead"

ClarkVV
beers 13406 º places 111 º 15:20 Fri 9/30/2016

Originally posted by AdamChandler
My point is, there’s not a beer in Mass that warrants me driving an extra half hour each way to visit instead of going up to hill Farmstead.

Every one I have, I think "this is close but not quite as good as Hill Farmstead"

Ya i get that. But its silly to call them all copy cats!