Pokemon Beer -- Gotta Drink ’Em All.

Reads 4852 • Replies 24 • Started Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:28:27 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

degbert
beers 1783 º places 19 º 15:28 Thu 12/30/2010

I am close to having tried all the styles on Ratebeer; I am only short five.

Unfortunately, I can’t figure out how to list all the beers in a given category, and the top fifty doesn’t do me much good, living in Texas and all.

Is there a way to list everything in a category? Barring that, can anyone tell me the most common (yes, I know that’s a relative term) brands available in the US for Berliner Weisse, Low Alcohol, Unblended Lambic, and Mild Ale? (I have a Gueuze, just haven’t drank it yet.)

Duke E.

Fratto
beers 2845 º 15:35 Thu 12/30/2010

Low Alcohol should be ridiculously easy. O’Douls, Texas Select, Buckler, Kaliber, etc. Most available in grocery stores and gas stations.

There’s a great Mild Ale brewed right in your area by Jester King called Commercial Suicide.

The other two might be more difficult to come by.

Sparky
beers 2244 º places 26 º 15:35 Thu 12/30/2010

Dogfish Head Festina Peche should be available in your area for your Berliner Weisse tick.

degbert
beers 1783 º places 19 º 15:41 Thu 12/30/2010

Originally posted by Sparky
Dogfish Head Festina Peche should be available in your area for your Berliner Weisse tick.

My distributor for Dogfish Head doesn’t offer Festina Peche, at least not that I’ve seen -- and I have their catalog.

Any other ideas?

degbert
beers 1783 º places 19 º 15:41 Thu 12/30/2010

Originally posted by Fratto
Low Alcohol should be ridiculously easy. O’Douls, Texas Select, Buckler, Kaliber, etc. Most available in grocery stores and gas stations.

There’s a great Mild Ale brewed right in your area by Jester King called Commercial Suicide.

The other two might be more difficult to come by.

Forgot about Commercial Suicide. Since one of my Yuletide gifts was a growler and a gift certificate, I think that’s happening for New Year’s. :)

drowland
beers 10568 º places 388 º 15:47 Thu 12/30/2010

Originally posted by degbert
I am close to having tried all the styles on Ratebeer; I am only short five.

Unfortunately, I can’t figure out how to list all the beers in a given category, and the top fifty doesn’t do me much good, living in Texas and all.

Is there a way to list everything in a category? Barring that, can anyone tell me the most common (yes, I know that’s a relative term) brands available in the US for Berliner Weisse, Low Alcohol, Unblended Lambic, and Mild Ale? (I have a Gueuze, just haven’t drank it yet.)

Duke E.

Use the travel list function on your "My Account" page. It shows 100 and you can arrange it alphabetically or by rating. You can also limit the list to stuff distributed in your state, etc.

Sparky
beers 2244 º places 26 º 15:53 Thu 12/30/2010

Originally posted by degbert
Originally posted by Sparky

My distributor for Dogfish Head doesn’t offer Festina Peche, at least not that I’ve seen -- and I have their catalog.

Any other ideas?

Looks like North By Northwest has one on tap occassionally.

Fratto
beers 2845 º 15:57 Thu 12/30/2010

Originally posted by drowland
Use the travel list function on your "My Account" page. It shows 100 and you can arrange it alphabetically or by rating. You can also limit the list to stuff distributed in your state, etc.

I’ve tried that bad boy before. It lists nothing for Berliner Weiss or Unblended Lambic last I checked.

Probably have to trade or look at local brewpubs to see if they make one.

PhillyBeer2112
beers 3108 º places 85 º 16:07 Thu 12/30/2010

Originally posted by Fratto
Originally posted by drowland

I’ve tried that bad boy before. It lists nothing for Berliner Weiss or Unblended Lambic last I checked.

Probably have to trade or look at local brewpubs to see if they make one.

1809 Berliner Weisse isn’t listed as available in Texas but it is surely one you can trade for.
Likewise for unblended lambics, trade for Cantillon Iris or Cantillon Bruocsella 1900 Grand Cru.

Nena
beers 963 º places 20 º 16:16 Thu 12/30/2010

Why am I so dissapointed that this thread is not about actual Pokemon based beer?

degbert
beers 1783 º places 19 º 16:30 Thu 12/30/2010

Originally posted by Nena
Why am I so dissapointed that this thread is not about actual Pokemon based beer?

Can’t say, as I’m not a licensed therapist. :)

That said, "Pikachu: I Brew You" would make a hell of an advertising slogan. :)