Just a helpful bit of information after reading the "Best 2013" awards

Reads 2323 • Replies 34 • Started Friday, February 1, 2013 2:32:16 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

leedorham
14:32 Fri 2/1/2013

I don’t post here often but, after reading the best of 2013 lists, I felt like you guys would benefit from some information I have...

There is another U.S. State just north of Oregon on the west coast and we have like 150 breweries here, some of them very good.

If you get a chance to stop by our neck of the woods, pay a few of them a visit. Once again, ours is the state right above the one that looks like a piece of bread. Ours kinda looks like a cartoonish sperm whale swimming east.

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 14:36 Fri 2/1/2013

What was the point of this?

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 14:41 Fri 2/1/2013

WheresTheBeer
14:51 Fri 2/1/2013

You mean Vancouver?

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 14:55 Fri 2/1/2013

Originally posted by WheresTheBeer
You mean Vancouver?
Richmond looks like bread to you?

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 14:59 Fri 2/1/2013

Complaining here isn’t going to do anything. The awards are based on ratings of beers and places. Since you have rated zero of either, you kind of don’t have much room to complain about Washington (not) getting recognition.

leedorham
15:02 Fri 2/1/2013

Originally posted by womencantsail
Complaining here isn’t going to do anything. The awards are based on ratings of beers and places. Since you have rated zero of either, you kind of don’t have much room to complain about Washington (not) getting recognition.

Who said I was complaining? I thought I made it pretty clear I am trying to be helpful. Hell, I invited everyone to come have a beer. What could be friendlier?

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 15:04 Fri 2/1/2013

Originally posted by leedorham

Who said I was complaining? I thought I made it pretty clear I am trying to be helpful. Hell, I invited everyone to come have a beer. What could be friendlier?
Giving away free money.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 15:04 Fri 2/1/2013

Perhaps it was an error on my part, but most of the post came off in sort of a sarcastic tone and as though there was a feeling of being slighted.

Originally posted by radarsock
Originally posted by leedorham

Giving away free money.

I’d settle for a free beer.

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 15:16 Fri 2/1/2013

I think the problem is that you came in with your invitation with a sideways jab at the "Best of" rankings as if we have collectively snubbed Washington. I would love to set up a trade with you for some locals. Hit me up!