NB Lips of Faith Brett Beer

Reads 3566 • Replies 70 • Started Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:19:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 22:19 Tue 3/19/2013

sometimes I think hype overshadows quality of beer but I am glad to see that in general RB thinks this beer is pretty bad as well. But has anybody noticed the corporate macro-esque bs they are putting on their labels?

A collaboration ale from The Lost Abbey and New Belgium, this Lips of Faith has Belgian inspiration written all over it, tropical fruit notes, crisp haziness and bright flavor. A touch of fruity sorachi ace hops pleases the palette and entices frequent sips.

wtf is crisp haziness? and why in the world are they trying to please a painter’s surface?

AZBennett
beers 115 º 23:20 Tue 3/19/2013

If that is truly the wording they use then they have misused the word. Palate is used the word they are searching for, which deals with taste/smell. And you are correct palette refers to painting.

Denverdiv
beers 30 º places 12 º 05:11 Wed 3/20/2013

Generally Speaking, New Belgium beers are subpar and mediocre at best!

Trev
beers 2023 º places 24 º 06:01 Wed 3/20/2013

Originally posted by Denverdiv
Generally Speaking, New Belgium beers are subpar and mediocre at best!

Now why you gotta be like that?

The Brett Beer was pretty dull.

AZBennett
beers 115 º 09:08 Wed 3/20/2013

My palate is not the greatest, and I have recently begun drinking a lot more craft beers. I enjoyed the La Folie and the Imp. Coffee Choco Stout. But of the others I have tried, most I would list as overpriced and underwhelming.

jake65
beers 4400 º places 158 º 09:11 Wed 3/20/2013

I wasn’t excited about the $9 price, but (shrug) I still bought one. I’m a sucker.

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 09:12 Wed 3/20/2013

Originally posted by AZBennett
My palate is not the greatest, and I have recently begun drinking a lot more craft beers. I enjoyed the La Folie and the Imp. Coffee Choco Stout. But of the others I have tried, most I would list as overpriced and underwhelming.

This is a pretty accurate statement. The coffee chocolate stout was one of the best things they’ve put out in awhile and La Folie is consistently good. Their regular offerings are meh. The new Rampant DIPA is just awful.

AZBennett
beers 115 º 13:43 Wed 3/20/2013

I enjoyed the one pint of Rampant I had on draft, but then I went home and drank a Ranger and marveled at the fact that Ranger has more DIPA characteristics than Rampant does. Rampant is far too thin to be a DIPA in my opinion it actually resembles a traditional Pale Ale more than an IPA or at least to me.

SamGamgee
beers 2452 º places 182 º 16:52 Wed 3/20/2013

Rampant is mosre balanced and all about soft, tropical and stone fruit hop flavor/aroma without any crushing bitterness. It’s definitely a different beer than Ranger, which is a more traditional west coast IPA, but Rampant awful? That’s just not true.

SamGamgee
beers 2452 º places 182 º 16:53 Wed 3/20/2013

But that Brett Beer description is pretty bad. Wasn’t a fan of the beer either, really. I had a Mo Betta Bretta the other night though, and that’s developed nicely.

SpringsLicker
beers 4002 º places 158 º 16:55 Wed 3/20/2013

Since this in morphing into a general NB thread; I thought the Le Terroir was outstanding. Anyone got a few they want to trade until it gets re-released?