Trinity Brewing reaches Oregon

Reads 503 • Replies 4 • Started Wednesday, June 10, 2015 11:09:38 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Reid
beers 3528 º places 95 º 23:09 Wed 6/10/2015

so tonight at a local natural type grocer..i see two bottles i hadnt seen before
Trinity Swing-line and 7 Day Golden.
I was kinda interested but put off by the heft price for 12 oz bottles..that were badly waxed ( semi coverage of the cap).
is $10 for Swing-line and $7 for the Golden a price you guys pay?
I can get a 750 of the Commons stuff for less that $10.
Are they worth it?

notalush
beers 7123 º places 452 º 23:53 Wed 6/10/2015

They’re probably shipping them there because no one is buying them here. The pricing is similar and, as a result, they pretty much rot on the shelves, as there are a lot of other "high end" beers available locally that are filling that niche now that many consider to be much better (Crooked Stave, Almanac). Trinity used to be hot shit, but now no one really seems to care about them. They are most certainly not worth the cost (they aren’t bad beers, just not worth it at that price point). I’d scroll past. I would much rather have Commons stuff. You should send some to me.

wchesser
beers 2435 º places 44 º 00:33 Thu 6/11/2015

^Yeah, this...Trinity has some beers that have knocked it out of the park for me, like 365 Day Gueze, but they also release some downright terrible beers. Crooked Stave for me, by comparison, is much more consistent even though they release a lot of ’middling’ beers IMO, Trinity’s lows are much lower and their highs no higher.

That being said, I had Swingline for the first time a couple weeks back and thought it was great. I’d recommend at least trying it. It’s a complex and thought provoking beer. I enjoyed 7 Day at the time for what it is, but unless you love enamel stripper sours, I’d leave it on the shelf.

wchesser
beers 2435 º places 44 º 00:34 Thu 6/11/2015

...also, never judge a beer by it’s wax.

Reid
beers 3528 º places 95 º 00:38 Thu 6/11/2015

Originally posted by wchesser
...also, never judge a beer by it’s wax.

Yeah but if your gonna charge $10 for a 12 oz it should at
least look "fancy"!