Turnkey brewpub at one of Canada’s top tourist attractions

Reads 612 • Replies 4 • Started Wednesday, August 12, 2015 11:51:10 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

northropfrye
beers 4183 º places 309 º 11:51 Wed 8/12/2015

I have no connection to this project other than that I live in the area and really hope a good quality brewer moves in here. Anyone interested in this? A turnkey brewpub at the Forks in Winnipeg, Canada, perhaps the most underserved beer market in North America. http://theforkswinnipeg.blogspot.ca/2015/08/something-special-is-brewing-at-forks.html?m=1

jercraigs
beers 13296 º places 856 º 12:13 Wed 8/12/2015

Neat idea. My colleague and I spent an hour or two in the Forks area and our reaction was pretty much "Soooo, this is it then?" :) In fairness it was cold out rather than what it’s probably like on a nice day.

blipp
beers 12081 º places 219 º 12:27 Wed 8/12/2015

Do they have a beer called "Wheat Kings"??

northropfrye
beers 4183 º places 309 º 12:30 Wed 8/12/2015

Originally posted by jercraigs
Neat idea. My colleague and I spent an hour or two in the Forks area and our reaction was pretty much "Soooo, this is it then?" :) In fairness it was cold out rather than what it’s probably like on a nice day.

Yeah personally I prefer the Exchange District but the Forks does get millions of visitors each year, even more now with the Human Rights Museum. I’m just hoping this project can attract a brewer that will make good beer not just mass appeal tourist friendly stuff.

northropfrye
beers 4183 º places 309 º 12:33 Wed 8/12/2015

Originally posted by blipp
Do they have a beer called "Wheat Kings"??

Maybe if the beer is from Brandon. A Winnipeg beer would be more likely to name it the Blue Bomber (great idea for a blueberry lambic perhaps) or Jet beer (admittedly that sounds like a pale lager). Anyway, like I said before, I hope this attracts a real craft brewer, not a "crafty" brewer.