Twin Cities Area Brewpubs and Taprooms plus Minnesota Breweries-in-Planning 2017

Reads 13357 • Replies 116 • Started Monday, January 16, 2017 5:49:23 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 19:46 Wed 7/19/2017

JakeJohnson at the other site relays an unconfirmed report that 12welve Eyes in St. Paul softly opened this evening (Wednesday, 7-19-17), with plans for a grand opening next week.

tennisjoel
beers 2230 º places 53 º 12:47 Thu 7/20/2017

Originally posted by islay
Bluenose Gopher in Granite City, about two hours and 15 minutes west of Minneapolis, is pivoting to plans to become a bar only instead of a brewpub, although it appears to be open to adding brewing equipment down the road. Hat tip to Chaz.
http://mailchi.mp/3e59fabc114d/announcing-our-new-direction

Do you mean Granite Falls? That’s where my mom grew up and late grandparents lived. I still have some family (uncle) who lives there during the summer.

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 13:55 Thu 7/20/2017

Originally posted by tennisjoel
Originally posted by islay
Bluenose Gopher in Granite City, about two hours and 15 minutes west of Minneapolis, is pivoting to plans to become a bar only instead of a brewpub, although it appears to be open to adding brewing equipment down the road. Hat tip to Chaz.
http://mailchi.mp/3e59fabc114d/announcing-our-new-direction

Do you mean Granite Falls? That’s where my mom grew up and late grandparents lived. I still have some family (uncle) who lives there during the summer.

Yes, Granite Falls. Good catch. I’ve corrected the original post.

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 14:16 Fri 7/21/2017

One of the owners of 12welve Eyes Brewing in St. Paul, who goes by TheBasedElliot at the other site, writes, "Doing some damage control here... we are having friends and family come through to help us train staff and work out operational kinks. Word spread fast that we ’are open’, Big Brother is watching and they weren’t fond of that... We are not yet open to the public but we’re really excited about having everyone in very soon!"

An update on Invictus Brewing, a BIP in Blaine, which "could open as soon as February 2018" (which means September 2018 according to my "Double It" rule), with a hat tip to HeadRetention at the other site:
http://abcnewspapers.com/2017/07/20/invictus-secures-financing-for-new-brewery-taproom-in-blaine/

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 14:03 Thu 7/27/2017

12welve Eyes in St. Paul opens on Friday, 7-28-17 at 3 p.m. (for real this time).

Edit: In fact it’s open now (Thursday, 7-27-17), but the grand opening is tomorrow.

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 21:35 Thu 7/27/2017

Unsolicited opinion: 12welve Eyes is excellent, as impressive as any brewery I’ve visited around the time of its opening. All of its beers are packed with flavor, especially given their moderate alcohol content, and I didn’t discern any flaws. I consider it the best of the class of 2017 so far, by far. If you want to drink great beer from a new brewery in St. Paul, drive to Lowertown, park next to Barrel Theory, walk past the entrance and then another four blocks south, and go to 12welve Eyes.