US / South America trade?

Reads 2542 • Replies 24 • Started Friday, April 27, 2007 12:00:03 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cbkschubert
beers 2901 º places 44 º 00:00 Fri 4/27/2007

I’ve been wanting to make an international trade for awhile. Unfortunately, a trade to Europe would be very exspensive since I live in the Western United States (Arizona). So I thought I would see if anyone in South America would be interested in making a trade. I can get a good amount of micros from the West cost. I would like to start off small and go from there. If anyone is interested, send me a message. Thanks.

Craig

Hope this makes sense.

He estado deseando hacer un comercio internacional para un rato. Desafortunadamente, un comercio a Europa sería muy exspensive puesto que vivo en los Estados Unidos occidentales (Arizona). Pensé tan que vería si cualquier persona en Suramérica estaría interesado en la fabricación de un comercio. Puedo conseguir una buena cantidad de micros del coste del oeste. Quisiera comenzar pequeño e ir de allí. Si cualquier persona está interesada, envíeme un mensaje. Grazias.

Craig

Panzerfaust
beers 902 º places 24 º 16:34 Fri 4/27/2007

Hahaha funny thing is that I understood the english part perfectly but the spanish translation didn’t make any sense.

I’m gonna check the costs of shipping to the US. I’ll write back later.

Panzerfaust
beers 902 º places 24 º 16:43 Fri 4/27/2007

By the way I’ll try to make an accurate translation:

Originally posted by cbkschubert
I’ve been wanting to make an international trade for awhile. Unfortunately, a trade to Europe would be very exspensive since I live in the Western United States (Arizona). So I thought I would see if anyone in South America would be interested in making a trade. I can get a good amount of micros from the West cost. I would like to start off small and go from there. If anyone is interested, send me a message. Thanks.

"He querido hacer un intercambio internacional desde hace un tiempo.
Lamentablemente, un intercambio a Europa sería demasiado caro ya que yo vivo en los Estados Occidentales (Arizona). Por lo mismo pensé en buscar si alguien en Sudamérica estaría interesado en hacer un intercambio. Puedo obtener una buena cantidad de micros de la costa Oeste. Me gustaría empezar con algo pequeño y continuar de a poco a partir de eso. Si hay alguien interesado, que me envíe un mensaje. Gracias."

More or less...

cbkschubert
beers 2901 º places 44 º 19:40 Fri 4/27/2007

Originally posted by Panzerfaust
Hahaha funny thing is that I understood the english part perfectly but the spanish translation didn’t make any sense.

I’m gonna check the costs of shipping to the US. I’ll write back later.

Since you understand English, I’ll just type in English. I guess the internet translation does work too well.

I checked on shipping to Chile through the US Postal service.

A 5 lb/2.27 kg package from Arizona to Chile would cost me $32.95 (USD) for 4 to 10 service. A 10 lb/4.54 kg package would cost $50.05 (USD) for the same service. I would be willing to do it. I’m just a little concered about customs in both countries. I wouldn’t mind starting off small to test the Postal Services. If everything arrives, we can go a little larger.

Craig

davidpl
beers 435 º places 1 º 14:37 Mon 4/30/2007

Hello,

I not understand you explications for “4 to 10 services”.
How many (shipping + beers cost, approximate) for 20 different beers?
What beers can you get?

cbkschubert
beers 2901 º places 44 º 19:50 Mon 4/30/2007

Originally posted by davidpl
Hello,

What beers can you get?

That would be 4 to 10 days for shipping. There are quicker and slower services available, the 4 to 10 day service is the most reasonable for me.

For example: I could send a 750 ml bottle of Alesmith Speedway and a 750 ml bottle of Alesmith Old Numbskull for about $50 (USD). The weight of the two beers and packaging material would come to about 10 lbs. Each beer would cost me $11 each. I would want to trade for even money amounts. I send you $22 worth of beer and you do the same.

I can get most beers produced in the Western US. Such as Alesmith, Stone, Avery, Full Sail, Moylans, Green Flash, Rogue, New Belgium, Port/Lost Abbey and so on.

Lubiere
beers 22768 º places 1163 º 14:57 Tue 5/1/2007

Hello,

What beers can you get?

That would be 4 to 10 days for shipping. There are quicker and slower services available, the 4 to 10 day service is the most reasonable for me.

For example: I could send a 750 ml bottle of Alesmith Speedway and a 750 ml bottle of Alesmith Old Numbskull for about $50 (USD). The weight of the two beers and packaging material would come to about 10 lbs. Each beer would cost me $11 each. I would want to trade for even money amounts. I send you $22 worth of beer and you do the same.

I can get most beers produced in the Western US. Such as Alesmith, Stone, Avery, Full Sail, Moylans, Green Flash, Rogue, New Belgium, Port/Lost Abbey and so on.

Amigos, what would you recommed from Chile? I know that Szot sounds like a winner. Otras sugerencias?

cbkschubert
beers 2901 º places 44 º 20:24 Tue 5/1/2007

Originally posted by Lubiere
Hello,

What beers can you get?

Amigos, what would you recommed from Chile? I know that Szot sounds like a winner. Otras sugerencias?

That Szot line up looks pretty solid. Love to try those.

davidpl
beers 435 º places 1 º 08:55 Wed 5/2/2007

I recommend:

- The five variants of Szot: Amber ale, Pale ale, Stout, Rubia al Vapor and Strong Ale. From Santiago. The best beers of Chile
- Valbier Red ale, from Valdivia.
- Kross Chocolate Stout, from Santiago
- Colonos de Llanquihue a Pilsener
- Barba Negra (porter) and Barba Roja (pale ale), from Valparaiso
- D’Olbek a Premium Lager, from Aysen
- And two Macros: Austral Calafate (Fruit Beer) and Austral Yagan (stout or porter?).

This is my modest mind. Bye and "Que la cerveza te acompañe..."

(sorry for my bad english)

Panzerfaust
beers 902 º places 24 º 12:20 Wed 5/2/2007

I recommend:

- The five variants of Szot: Amber ale, Pale ale, Stout, Rubia al Vapor and Strong Ale. From Santiago. The best beers of Chile
- Valbier Red ale, from Valdivia.
- Kross Chocolate Stout, from Santiago
- Colonos de Llanquihue a Pilsener
- Barba Negra (porter) and Barba Roja (pale ale), from Valparaiso
- D’Olbek a Premium Lager, from Aysen
- And two Macros: Austral Calafate (Fruit Beer) and Austral Yagan (stout or porter?).

This is my modest mind. Bye and "Que la cerveza te acompañe..."

(sorry for my bad english)

Those Szot are by far the best beers you can find in Chile right now.
If you are lucky to find a good Valbier bottle, it’s pretty decent.
Fortunately Kross changed the production to their new installations in Curacaví and all the bottles I’ve got are in good form. So you it’s very unlikely that you could buy a bad bottle. Their "Chocolate Stout" is pretty good despite it’s low score (look at the STD deviation). Kross Golden Ale is also very crisp and refreshing.
Colonos del Llanquihue is a nice Premium Lager with character.
Barba Negra from Cervecera del Puerto is a great light Porter.
And that new line from Austral: Calafate Ale and Dark Ale (a Brown Ale in "my book") are very good.

There are also lots of micros from the South that are very difficult to get here in Santiago. I’ve heard great comments from "Montt Hafen Porter".

The rest of the beers are very unimpressive or just plain bad.

davidpl
beers 435 º places 1 º 14:53 Wed 5/2/2007

Sorry, I forgot to say that D’Olbek is good only in the version no pasteurized. Months ago in Aysen (in the microbrewery) I tasted the version pasteurized; and the foam and body have some problems.

(sorry for my english)