Visiting Vancouver

Reads 747 • Replies 9 • Started Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:40:44 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 21:40 Wed 3/22/2017

I’m taking an Alaskan Cruise that end in Vancouver and will be there from 9-12 June. Planning to visit breweries for two of the days if anyone would like to meet up. Currently my wife build two maps using RB to hit 13ish places by foot. Any incite or recommendations are welcome as well...Cheers, Shawn

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 22:13 Wed 3/22/2017

Ah! There you are

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 22:22 Wed 3/22/2017

There are two areas with high concentration of walkable breweries.
East Van (hit Parallel 49, Powell, Callister, Luppolo, miss Storm, Off the Rail, Strathcona, the others are up to you);
Mt Pleasant (hit Brassneck, Main Street, R&B, miss Red Truck).

Boombox brews at Callister, an incubator, they specialize in East Cost filthy IPAs.
Besides that, rarely any surprise in Vancouver.
The best beers are from outside: Superflux (filthy East Coast), Four Winds, Driftwood, Twin Sails. For those you need to hit bars and stores.

We are getting beers that are hyoed, quite good, but they are available for very short time, so will have to get back to those when closer to the date.

There’s a small group of RBians here, so I think a tasting is possible.
US beers are very much needed, too :-)

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 22:55 Wed 3/22/2017

Originally posted by fiulijn
There are two areas with high concentration of walkable breweries.
East Van (hit Parallel 49, Powell, Callister, Luppolo, miss Storm, Off the Rail, Strathcona, the others are up to you);
Mt Pleasant (hit Brassneck, Main Street, R&B, miss Red Truck).

Boombox brews at Callister, an incubator, they specialize in East Cost filthy IPAs.
Besides that, rarely any surprise in Vancouver.
The best beers are from outside: Superflux (filthy East Coast), Four Winds, Driftwood, Twin Sails. For those you need to hit bars and stores.

We are getting beers that are hyoed, quite good, but they are available for very short time, so will have to get back to those when closer to the date.

There’s a small group of RBians here, so I think a tasting is possible.
US beers are very much needed, too :-)

Looks like the maps my wife created are spot on with the two areas you mentioned. This means all the place inputs must have been spot on as she used RB to build them.

I was hoping you would be available to share a beer with, you’ve been on my RBian whales I need to tick list since my days in Europe. If it helps to get some people together, I’m plan on grabbing some beers at some new breweries in Alaska to share. Specially ones that won’t see distro.

Ferris
beers 23108 º places 1878 º 12:26 Wed 3/29/2017

SHIG,

It would be great to meetup again. I’d be happy to work on either a tasting, tour or just a few beers together.

Fuilijn is definitely the biggest whale i have met....

Oakes
admin
beers 30657 º places 1135 º 14:31 Wed 3/29/2017

Walking between Mt Pleasant and East Van is actually easy. I go via Strange Fellows.

But I also think you can walk to all of the breweries except Dogwood in a day if you really want to.

Then you have the next day to get on Skytrain to Port Moody, Dageraad, Steel & Oak, and Central City.

Basically you can be as aggressive as you want to be with this, as no driving is required.

CapFlu
beers 5136 º places 238 º 23:05 Fri 3/31/2017

Originally posted by Ferris

Hahaha

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 19:27 Sat 4/15/2017

Originally posted by Ferris
SHIG,

It would be great to meetup again. I’d be happy to work on either a tasting, tour or just a few beers together.

Sounds good! I’ll send you what my wife had planned so far maybe we can work it all together. Like I sad before I am going to be stopping at breweries along the cruise and hope to have some good ticks to share.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 20:59 Thu 6/1/2017

Leave out tomorrow on my cruise, will arrive in Vancouver 9 June. Plan to start Sat 10 June at Clark station and hit breweries along the way to Parrallel 49. That night I’m free. On Sun 11 June plan on starting at Broadway City Hall and hit breweries/stores to Pacific Central Station. Hoping to get some brews from Barnaby new brewery in Juneau at least growler and some in Skagway to share if there is still interest.

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 14:22 Thu 6/22/2017

Damn!
I was working Friday night and weekend, as suddenly I got in charge of a project deployment, and even missed the thread till now...