Weird pricing at Tap Stand

Reads 401 • Replies 9 • Started Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:51:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

shoulderbroken
beers 4258 º places 393 º 21:51 Thu 4/14/2016

http://imgur.com/t51tYTc

Since when did Coedo become the most expensive Japanese craft beer?

shoulderbroken
beers 4258 º places 393 º 21:55 Thu 4/14/2016

Sorry, don’t seem to be able to make the picture show automatically...

KansaiBeerLvrs
beers 8452 º places 567 º 22:13 Thu 4/14/2016

Beniaka is priced higher than other Coedo beers.

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 22:15 Thu 4/14/2016

1300 yen for beniaka? Pass. I like how they start to list the breweries and then they just stop and only have the beer name. Who makes an Mosaic IIPA? I would like to know.

shoulderbroken
beers 4258 º places 393 º 22:22 Thu 4/14/2016

shoulderbroken
beers 4258 º places 393 º 22:24 Thu 4/14/2016

Their prices seem to be horrible. Glad someone else went there instead of me. But no cover charge I suppose and an expensive location. Like you said in your review Tim, doesn’t seem to be a beer geek kind of place.
Prices just seem to be almost random nowadays. Guess there are a lot of considerations, but the variations are a bit nuts.

KansaiBeerLvrs
beers 8452 º places 567 º 23:09 Thu 4/14/2016

I agree regarding random pricing across cities all over Japan. Prices seem to be along the basis of "whatever we can get away with". I’ve yet to see a bar lower prices, just raise them. I like what bungalow does, most beers (J-craft) are one price but occasionally something pricier stronger will be more expensive or have a fixed price for one size. It’s no muss nor fuss. Places with a million prices that may or may not include taxes are a pain.

CBB Bud is increasing prices on imports to 1200 yen a pint, they say to let them bring in a wider selection. In which case, why not use the higher price for the more interesting brews? 1200 yen for a 10% US import pint is probably ok, for a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? Umm, no thanks. This new pricing starts today and it looks like most of the taps are kind of dull. Best of the imports 3 Grid IPA and the domestic is the Ise Kadoya Mujina beer. I just realized their 6 of 8 taps are imports which will probably mean much faster turnover on the 2 domestic taps. That’s good news for Kyoto Brewing who usually have one of those two taps.

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 23:26 Thu 4/14/2016

Originally posted by KansaiBeerLvrs
I agree regarding random pricing across cities all over Japan. Prices seem to be along the basis of "whatever we can get away with". I’ve yet to see a bar lower prices, just raise them. I like what bungalow does, most beers (J-craft) are one price but occasionally something pricier stronger will be more expensive or have a fixed price for one size. It’s no muss nor fuss. Places with a million prices that may or may not include taxes are a pain.

CBB Bud is increasing prices on imports to 1200 yen a pint, they say to let them bring in a wider selection. In which case, why not use the higher price for the more interesting brews? 1200 yen for a 10% US import pint is probably ok, for a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? Umm, no thanks. This new pricing starts today and it looks like most of the taps are kind of dull. Best of the imports 3 Grid IPA and the domestic is the Ise Kadoya Mujina beer. I just realized their 6 of 8 taps are imports which will probably mean much faster turnover on the 2 domestic taps. That’s good news for Kyoto Brewing who usually have one of those two taps.

Yes I agree, but remember places with lower prices aren’t necessarily loved more - I am focused on just beer and I think I gave a/the Craft Beer Market(s) the highest rating in bars. My rating was just about the beer, but coincidentally it has very low prices. Conversely other people that are more focused on priced did not give CBM(s) such a good rating.

Of course everyone wants cheaper beers, but without the selection to back it up, it might not be such a big deal after all.

Tim

KansaiBeerLvrs
beers 8452 º places 567 º 06:59 Fri 4/15/2016

Definitely Tim, 500 yen half pints are nice but if it is all stuff I can get for 300 yen in cans I kind of feel like what is the point? Unless the atmosphere rocks I doubt I’d go to such a place.

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 08:52 Fri 4/15/2016

I am not sure if to be offended by the price or the mediocre selection. If you are going to charge whatever you want at least offer something good.