Well it only took 268 ratings

Reads 2293 • Replies 22 • Started Saturday, July 21, 2012 9:09:25 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Hussey
beers 60 º places 21 º 07:07 Sun 7/22/2012

I’m new to this whole rating thang. Really enjoying developing my "brew palate". I’ve noticed that I tend to rate brew high also. Chalk it up to just being passionate about beers. I hope that I never meet the dreaded 0.5 . . .

Mortlach
beers 4761 º places 10 º 11:48 Sun 7/22/2012

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
But congratulations to Old Chimney Good King Henry Reserve.

It got it first 5.0 from knickskicks Yesterday.

In fact up till now its had no 4.9 or 5.0

In fact im always suspicious of any Beer that had 5.0’s out of proportion to its other ratings.

Fantastic beer!

DocLock
beers 11541 º places 158 º 17:50 Mon 7/23/2012

Originally posted by StefanSD
Originally posted by keanex
I tend to rate high, but I just think of it as me really loving beer.

oh ive no problem with High raters. I tend to be generous myself, as i also love beer.

But sometimes its amazing how Very rare beers seem to have way more 5.0 than one might expect even for a Great beer

Ahem, Budweiser has 25 5.0 ratings.

I dont have such a problem with that. Its in decent proprtion to all the other ratings. For some people it will be their fav beer.

Yeah its not what id call great. But i like lots of dross stuff. Cheap dross sausages are often just as satifying as a gourmet one.

but looks at stats
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/statistics/473/

i think the 0.5 are way out of kilter and i think thats just as bad. Really have that many people never seen beer that look worse that Bud.

ive had murky ugly looking beers. Bud may taste horrible to me, but i cant really fault its look.

Pardon my candor here, but anyone giving Budweiser a 5.0 should not only be banned from ratebeer forever, but should be publicly flogged.

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 23:24 Mon 7/23/2012

Originally posted by DocLock

Pardon my candor here, but anyone giving Budweiser a 5.0 should not only be banned from ratebeer forever, but should be publicly flogged.

Why?

we rate on a hedonistic scale.

Me its totally not my thing. But there

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 23:29 Mon 7/23/2012

Originally posted by DocLock

Why?

we rate on a hedonistic scale.

Me its totally not my thing. But there are people out there where Bud is the choice of beer.

Now maybe if they drunk more they would have the eyes widened to the truely wonderful world of beer.

And i doubt that there many if any who have tried 100’s of beers who is going to give bud a 5.0

But as it a hedonistic scale we shoudl accept that some people may thing Bud is the Best thing ever.

Maybe its just me, but i cant help but wonder whwn a beer had a disproportionate number of 0.5s or 5.0 if all the reviewers were really being truely honest.

1 for bud’s appearance. Really have that many people never seen worse looking beers, does it look that much worse than other beers

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 07:49 Tue 7/24/2012

i can trust a 5.0 well before a 0.5.

seymour
beers 2594 º places 50 º 10:17 Tue 7/24/2012

Originally posted by jmagnus87
...but no 0.5 as of yet. That is saved for the first beer i actually gag on.

Then I highly recommend you try Bud Light Chelada. I’d be happy to trade this great white whale if it’s not available in your area :-)

phaleslu
admin
beers 16532 º places 792 º 10:29 Tue 7/24/2012

Originally posted by gunhaver
i can trust a 5.0 well before a 0.5.

Why?

SudsMcDuff
beers 8597 º places 190 º 11:22 Tue 7/24/2012

i just hope i can find some when i’m in london in december.

but i’m not holding out to much hope...

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 11:35 Tue 7/24/2012

Originally posted by SudsMcDuff
i just hope i can find some when i’m in london in december.

but i’m not holding out to much hope...

Not Likly, but it is the time of year. You migth be able to get one of the London crowd (mad Mitch) to get you one and trade