What dropping in a shipping container brewery looks like

Reads 3319 • Replies 16 • Started Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:53:26 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Travlr
beers 30308 º places 3523 º 13:11 Wed 4/22/2015

We have lots of abandoned lots and abandoned buildings in DC. In fact, maybe you could land one of these on the Capitol lawn. What could happen?

Cletus
beers 6351 º places 233 º 17:35 Wed 4/22/2015

Originally posted by joet
The owners are building a sound shield against the neighboring apartments. I tried some of their early brews and really liked a couple. The spot feels like a back yard, and is very comfortable.

The sound shield is a good idea.

One of the major pitfalls they could encounter is that neighbors might complain about the smell if their exhaust isn’t ventilated away from the apartments. This is what was used to get rid of the Cambridge House Torrington brewpub. Neighbors didn’t care about the noise, but found the smells associated with brewing offensive and sued.

wchesser
beers 2391 º places 43 º 19:20 Wed 4/22/2015

Originally posted by joet
This Bellingham brewery is going in on the edge of a residential neighborhood. The world needs more neighborhood breweries.

After enjoying strolls down to Hogshead in Denver for a couple of years now, I couldn’t agree more.

fly
beers 1490 º places 273 º 19:44 Wed 4/22/2015

Very glad to have three breweries withing roughly three miles from my home. One of which I very much enjoy visiting.

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 19:50 Wed 4/22/2015

Originally posted by Travlr
We have lots of abandoned lots and abandoned buildings in DC. In fact, maybe you could land one of these on the Capitol lawn. What could happen?

Amazon will be delivering by drone soon, maybe your Capitol lawn brewery can deliver a beer to my porch via gyrocopter?

Travlr
beers 30308 º places 3523 º 20:02 Wed 4/22/2015

Originally posted by lithy
Originally posted by Travlr

Amazon will be delivering by drone soon, maybe your Capitol lawn brewery can deliver a beer to my porch via gyrocopter?
porch IPA, special delivery, you got it!