What is the best value high-ABV beer?

Reads 20019 • Replies 68 • Started Monday, August 16, 2010 12:21:37 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 14:29 Fri 8/20/2010

Originally posted by DCJack

I don’t look at this forum much, but from these responses I guess that asking a question here starts off with about a dozen clowns making smart-ass remarks. I’m not sure what their motivation is, but I’m guessing they managed to make themselves chuckle.

You asked, "what is the cheapest high ABV beer you know of?" I posted the cheapest high abv beer that I know of as did quite a few other people. Maybe next time be a bit more specific. Also keep in mind that if you are looking for a good answer and want to keep the pricing similar to what you will find in your area, you might want to try the metro forum. What costs $10 at my store might cost someone in Michigan $4 and someone in Florida $15.

bhops
beers 433 º places 37 º 14:29 Fri 8/20/2010

I don’t look at this forum much, but from these responses I guess that asking a question here starts off with about a dozen clowns making smart-ass remarks. I’m not sure what their motivation is, but I’m guessing they managed to make themselves chuckle.

I would have assumed that most people on RateBeer were interested in learning about excellent beers but it is clear from these responses that many are in pursuit of the lowest common denominator. I’m glad the forum has republicans represented as well as the intelligentsia.

The responses from those who live in the same town as European brewers and can get their top-rated brews for pennies seems to be more motivated by bragging than giving helpful suggestions, but it is good to know that beer that costs $10 here costs $1 where it is made. I wish that was true of World Wide Stout, made right nearby at Dogfishhead.

I mostly drink Stone and Lagunitas, so I agree with those suggestions, and thank you to those who made them. I had not heard of Zywiec Porter, so thanks to jimmack for that suggestion. I had tried Sam Adams’ Stouts and Imperials, which are fairly cheap, but never heard of Utopias, so thanks to waver1 for that suggestion, I will look for it. I also had not heard of SA triple bock, so thanks reakt, I will look for that also.

And I appreciated the debate about Bigfoot vs.UISD. I’d have to go with UISD.

definitely go with the Utopia.

agreed there are too many jokesters on this site.

HogTownHarry
beers 9241 º places 28 º 14:51 Fri 8/20/2010

I’ve always found my having a sense of humo(u)r is a big failing on my part. Maybe the O/P could give me pointers on how to cauterize mine?

DCJack
beers 187 º places 10 º 14:54 Fri 8/20/2010

Apparently you only posted the price, not the beer, but nice try.

Maybe that is how you know it: "Hey Bubba, give me one a those $1.29s!"

But really I guess I should thank you for all your diligent research.

Originally posted by pepsican

You asked, "what is the cheapest high ABV beer you know of?" I posted the cheapest high abv beer that I know of as did quite a few other people. Maybe next time be a bit more specific. Also keep in mind that if you are looking for a good answer and want to keep the pricing similar to what you will find in your area, you might want to try the metro forum. What costs $10 at my store might cost someone in Michigan $4 and someone in Florida $15.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 15:00 Fri 8/20/2010

The$1.29 is a link you can click that takes you to the beer.

bhops
beers 433 º places 37 º 15:02 Fri 8/20/2010

that’s a quick drunk right there

I take it that’s what he’s looking for

TheRealBastard
beers 145 º places 12 º 15:16 Fri 8/20/2010

my homebrew

SrSilliGose
beers 3351 º places 252 º 15:36 Fri 8/20/2010

enough best value high-abvs and who gives a flying fuck

DCJack
beers 187 º places 10 º 15:38 Fri 8/20/2010

Well it good to know what you like. I guess with your employee discount at John’s Grocery that must cost you like $1.16? If I ever make it out to Iowa, I’ll drop by and split one with you. Until then its apparently not available on the east coast.

Keep up the good work!

DCJack
beers 187 º places 10 º 15:39 Fri 8/20/2010

Originally posted by shawnm213
enough best value high-abvs and who gives a flying fuck

time for a nappy, Shawn?