What the actual fuck?

Reads 3165 • Replies 23 • Started Friday, October 27, 2017 4:44:35 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

adamnowek
beers 7151 º places 117 º 19:05 Fri 10/27/2017

Originally posted by joet
Originally posted by stevoj
I just noticed that ticks is now a stat, and it is added to your overall score when looking at the top users. But, some of those ticks point to aliased beers, for which I've provided a review. So in the oveall score, I'm getting credit for the same beer twice.....

Ticks do not count toward a beer's average, so you're all good, unless something wacky happened while I was changing the oil on the server.

Unless anyone objects, I'll remove all ticks for aliases, next week.

In case it wasn't clear to you (because it clearly isn't), the problem is that everyone's rating counter has been randomly going up and down for weeks.

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 04:08 Sat 10/28/2017

Originally posted by joet
Originally posted by stevoj
I just noticed that ticks is now a stat, and it is added to your overall score when looking at the top users. But, some of those ticks point to aliased beers, for which I've provided a review. So in the oveall score, I'm getting credit for the same beer twice.....

Ticks do not count toward a beer's average, so you're all good, unless something wacky happened while I was changing the oil on the server.

Unless anyone objects, I'll remove all ticks for aliases, next week.

Please explain what they are before you remove them... Because it seems like they're 'old' ticks (stars) so why do they show up under 'new' ticks?

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 05:29 Sat 10/28/2017

If you have ticked and then rated the same beer does that now constitute 2 rates in the chart?

BREWMUSKCLES
beers 3221 º places 140 º 05:40 Sat 10/28/2017

i hate it when something ruins a great beer ceremony.....hate it

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 05:41 Sat 10/28/2017

Originally posted by imdownthepub
If you have ticked and then rated the same beer does that now constitute 2 rates in the chart?

If i understand it now,, you cant, a Tick is just a rating that doesnt meet the word count,
In fact using the app, you can tick as a 3.4 or a 4.3

Lowenbrau
beers 5865 º places 432 º 07:08 Sat 10/28/2017

Originally posted by Marko
Ya, sorry for a bit of mildly drunk hysteria.

You were not the only one.
It is hard to be a ratebeerian nowadays...

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 09:10 Sat 10/28/2017

This site is fucked up in so many ways right now that it would be quicker to list the things NOT wrong with it.
I'll post the laundry list of all my problems later. It looks like there are multiple threads regarding site issues, so mine probably won't be a surprise to anyone. It appears that I've got a lot of forum posts to read in order to catch up. Wish I had the time.
Apparently the new in-house Android app is the worst thing ever in the long history of worst things ever. Yikes. I'm not touching that. I've seen very few apps rated that low in the "Play Store."
All these bugs are really frightening and it doesn't look like anything is being done. Not in the last few days anyway. But, despite all that, we're moving onward and upward with a whole bunch of new shit?

"New RateBeer Forums and BeerMail available now to early adopters."

Yikes again! I guess it's time to compile my ratings and start the migration to, what? BA? The horror! Hopefully, the ratings compilation feature is still working.
I had a feeling shit like this would go down after our new financial partner was disclosed. Destroy the integrity of the site and people will flee and those super-low ratings of AB-Inbev products become meaningless.
AND I HATE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS!

hawthorne00
beers 8459 º places 63 º 09:32 Sat 10/28/2017

Easy, tiger.

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 09:47 Sat 10/28/2017

Originally posted by hopscotch
Apparently the new in-house Android app is the worst thing ever in the long history of worst things ever. Yikes. I'm not touching that. I've seen very few apps rated that low in the "Play Store."
All these bugs are really frightening and it doesn't look like anything is being done. Not in the last few days anyway. But, despite all that, we're moving onward and upward with a whole bunch of new shit?

Yikes again! I guess it's time to compile my ratings and start the migration to, what? BA? The horror! Hopefully, the ratings compilation feature is still working.
I had a feeling shit like this would go down after our new financial partner was disclosed. Destroy the integrity of the site and people will flee and those super-low ratings of AB-Inbev products become meaningless.

apps getting better, the biggest problem is that the unoffical ones offer much more for the moment.

New Forums are a great improvement. The current ones are not searchable, are difficult to include images etc. The new ones bring Rb forums up to date.

Not sure why new forums make you feel need to move?

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 15:15 Sat 10/28/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by hopscotch

apps getting better, the biggest problem is that the unoffical ones offer much more for the moment.

New Forums are a great improvement. The current ones are not searchable, are difficult to include images etc. The new ones bring Rb forums up to date.

Not sure why new forums make you feel need to move?

It's the fluctuating number of my ratings, the incorrectly displayed scores on my recently rated beers, the lack of my ability to "star-tick" 3/4 of the beers I'm trying to right now, and of course, as you know, my 1,000 offline ratings trapped in the old Android app that I haven't been able to log into since this past April, May or June. Those are the things that are starting to really yank on my strings and piss me the fuck off.
Otherwise, I'm good. How are you, Craig?
Dude, I'm just confused and frustrated. I'm the last person to piss and moan about the state of things, but I'm completely bewildered because I don't visit the forums like I should anymore and there are some major things going on with my stats and scores that I perceive as glitches because I'm unaware of what's being tampered with and why. Again, that's partially my fault because I'm not keeping up with forum posts in order to understand the changes, and the reasons for the changes going on with the site. Oh, and did I mention that I fear change? Any kind of change. All change. I don't even like typing the word "change."
I do have a bunch of screen shots to illustrate the inconsistencies I'm seeing. I just need to try to remember how to work with imgur to display them here.

Plus the Redskins and Mountaineers both lost within five days of each other and that's some difficult shit to deal with. I blame Trump! :-D