What’s Brewing?

Reads 2070 • Replies 21 • Started Monday, October 19, 2015 3:40:58 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

skinnyguy
11:40 Thu 10/22/2015

Originally posted by CLevar
Very little homebrew these days. Which is kinda a bummer, but as I’m brewing 3-4 days a week I can’t really complain.

I need to come by and see you in action!

GarethYoung
beers 1111 º places 27 º 04:38 Fri 10/23/2015

Originally posted by CLevar
Very little homebrew these days. Which is kinda a bummer, but as I’m brewing 3-4 days a week I can’t really complain.

Are you now a pro, bro?

drewbeerme
beers 3921 º places 1 º 11:21 Fri 10/23/2015

Just did an APA with grapefruit peel and an American Stout. An Altbier is up next.

JulienHuxley
beers 6219 º places 450 º 13:04 Fri 10/23/2015

Cascade pale ale with homegrown cascade. First time I brew with my homegrown hops, I’ve turned into a ball of anxiety, doubt and hope about the result of this, kind of like my first all grain batch.

blipp
beers 12529 º places 219 º 13:26 Fri 10/23/2015

Originally posted by JulienHuxley
Cascade pale ale with homegrown cascade. First time I brew with my homegrown hops, I’ve turned into a ball of anxiety, doubt and hope about the result of this, kind of like my first all grain batch.

Awesome! Good luck!

joet
admin
beers 2898 º places 125 º 13:51 Fri 10/23/2015

Caleb is a real pro

Bontus
beers 949 º places 20 º 14:16 Fri 10/23/2015

A Halltertau dry hopped session saison on a low fermenting temperature.

blipp
beers 12529 º places 219 º 20:33 Wed 11/18/2015

Originally posted by blipp
This past weekend I brewed a saison. Plan is to move it into secondary on Thursday (maybe), with a few pounds of cranberries.

This ended up being actually quite good. Cranberry obviously isn’t a very strong or sweet flavor, so it just lends a bit of color and tartness.

I have a Dunkleweizen that I brewed for my Mother-in-Law that will probably get bottled up this weekend, and hopefully brewing something hoppy on Sunday.

Homer321
beers 5359 º places 54 º 21:12 Wed 11/18/2015

Just took my Simcoe Pale Ale out of the fermentation fridge (yeah, its still in the 80s in the day here in FL) to bring to room temp for a day or two before I rack to secondary and cold crash in preparation for keg-hopping and Turkey Day drinking!

JulienHuxley
beers 6219 º places 450 º 21:24 Wed 11/18/2015

Lots and lots of brewing this week to get ready for Christmas. Brewed a saison with 565 and an IPA this week, probably going to get a golden ale and maybe a brown ale in this weekend/early next week. All the kegs are empty and this doens’t look good right now but should be back on track soon.

My homegrown hop pale ale turned out alright. The hops are (as expected) much less potent than their commercial counterparts so the soft APA turned out very tame but highly drinkable nonetheless. I sort of botched my harvest this year as well so hopefully will be able to get something better out of it next year.

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer