What’s New - Part 5

Reads 13550 • Replies 143 • Started Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:32:04 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 10:41 Mon 4/4/2016

Originally posted by rcubed
Yeah I’ve already mentioned Resident in the other thread.

I figured someone had mentioned it, but nothing had been added to the database yet. I’ll be adding sometime this week.

olibeer22
12:49 Mon 4/4/2016

It looks like Midnight Jack Brewing in Oceanside soft opened last week.

ChazMania
beers 669 º places 13 º 20:48 Mon 4/4/2016

There are 2 new (to me) breweries in Carlsbad, right by my work that I have not yet checked out; Guadalupe (same business part as Arcana) and recently opened up Culver Brewing off Palomar just east of El Camino actually close to PP Bressi Ranch.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 09:48 Tue 4/5/2016

Has Guadalupe figured out his licensing yet? When I was there he had gotten in trouble for pouring when the city hadn’t yet approved permits, so he was doing free tasters and selling growlers to go (as well as running his homebrew shop up front).

Had not heard of Culver Brewing, thanks.

And holy crap, can someone please go to Midnight Jack and get some intel? The website is useless and they cant even take a good picture of their own beer or mention some basics like ABV or styles. Somehow they have 36 beers listed on untapped.

Originally posted by t0rin0
Which brew pub are you at? Poost fail, meant to reply to your "overheard" thread. At Bitter Brothers now, not bad, and next door to JD Machine. Might have to go buy an AR15 before I leave.
I was on a plane to Germany when you sent this and just now got to read the post. I’ll have to catch you on another trip.

Damn, I just read the replies to my "overheard" thread and it seems I am the idiot douchebag here. Oh well, this is why I post so little... I am an intolerant asshole.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 20:12 Tue 4/5/2016

bytemesis
beers 15313 º places 1595 º 20:15 Tue 4/5/2016

I gave Second Chance a second chance, still just ok. Pure Project isn’t bad, neat story about coming here from Costa Rica. Next door is the new location for Amplified Ales. Sounds like they’re brewing already but don’t have the tasting room open yet.

Fun fact: the brewer from Pure Project is the brewer from Boulder Creek in northern CA that burned down last year.

I guess that means he gave up on their attempt to rebuild...

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 20:21 Tue 4/5/2016

Has Guadalupe figured out his licensing yet? When I was there he had gotten in trouble for pouring when the city hadn’t yet approved permits, so he was doing free tasters and selling growlers to go (as well as running his homebrew shop up front).

And holy crap, can someone please go to Midnight Jack and get some intel? The website is useless and they cant even take a good picture of their own beer or mention some basics like ABV or styles. Somehow they have 36 beers listed on untapped.

I went to Guadalupe like a year ago (last summer?) and they were definitely selling beer then.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 20:23 Tue 4/5/2016

Originally posted by brokensail

I went to Guadalupe like a year ago (last summer?) and they were definitely selling beer then.

That was before I went, and he got in trouble with the city sometime in between.