Where do you buy your beer?

Reads 1814 • Replies 20 • Started Thursday, February 23, 2017 5:40:19 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 14:23 Tue 2/28/2017

Originally posted by DuffMan
At the gas station, like normal people.

If by that you mean that in AB you don’t have the same prohibitionist laws and you can buy beer everywhere, we just hate you a bit more...

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 14:24 Tue 2/28/2017

Originally posted by Ferris
Originally posted by fiulijn
Prices are listed as-is, no discounts taken into consideration, as they are not accessible to everybody (Camra requires membership; Friends&Family is 10%, Rep is 15%, Employee is 20%; Legacy has a membership system that gives effective 5% discount but you need to buy more; High Point has a membership system that gives progressive discount etc.)

A ’no’ would have sufficed.

I tried to use some discounts; it’s unfair to Firefly because they have a loyalty program but I don’t know the details; and the maths is not straight forward anyway, because it depends on how much one spends; with a total purchase of 1000$ Camra discount is 7.5%, not 10% (cost of membership included).
Anyway, there are no big changes because most shops have some kind of program; there’s a bit of compression between high and low; and the only movements are:
- Firefly and Liberty (sorry, not Libations, was a typo) jump on top of the bad guys list;
- High Point becomes slightly cheaper than The Gull

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 17:15 Tue 2/28/2017

If by that you mean that in AB you don’t have the same prohibitionist laws and you can buy beer everywhere, we just hate you a bit more...

Tony is teasing no real beer in gas stations in Alberta, although there are a few places in the province that you can buy beer in a gas station just like in BC but overall an oddity.

Crit
beers 5014 º places 159 º 12:43 Wed 3/1/2017

Originally posted by CapFlu
I don’t usually buy my beer in Vancouver. Can you do one up for Victoria, Alex?

Neither do I, mostly John B, or Central City

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 12:49 Wed 3/1/2017

Originally posted by Hoser

Tony is teasing no real beer in gas stations in Alberta, although there are a few places in the province that you can buy beer in a gas station just like in BC but overall an oddity.

Yeah, Mike’s right. I was channeling an old Simpsons quote where Homer was lamenting Marge’s grocery purchases: "Olive oil? Asparagus? Why can’t we shop at the gas station like normal people?"

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 11:24 Thu 3/2/2017

Ah! I’m usually good with Simpsons quotes but not that one...
RB is such an amazing source of useful information.

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 21:42 Thu 3/2/2017

It was the style of the day we wore an onion on our belts:)

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 22:00 Thu 3/2/2017

Originally posted by Hoser

It was the style of the day we wore an onion on our belts:)

Ok, but this is a pretty random quote ;-)

In an early episode the "camera" moves from the second floor to the ground floor, revealing for a split second that in the space of the floor/ceiling of their house there’s a rich treasure of gold coins and gems...

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 14:12 Wed 4/26/2017

For who is claiming that after calculating various discounts Denman is cheaper than The Gull, there’s a difference between hard numbers (mine) and alternate facts.
This is the chart:

Crit
beers 5014 º places 159 º 13:10 Thu 4/27/2017

Originally posted by CapFlu
I don’t usually buy my beer in Vancouver. Can you do one up for Victoria, Alex?

When I visited a couple of years ago I was impressed by how low prices are in Victoria compared to Vancouver... I hope that’s still the same

Same in the suburbs as well, at least Surrey and Coquitlam