Why do customers do this?

Reads 9450 • Replies 78 • Started Friday, February 17, 2012 6:46:17 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

reggiedunlop
beers 3729 º places 182 º 09:57 Sat 2/18/2012

Originally posted by obguthr
Take it as a compliment. They believe you are rotating your product, as you should, but they want the freshies in the back. If you aren’t diligent with rotating your product, the joke is on them.

Id agree with this. I am guilty of this with milk and other groceries to some degree...i check dates and buy the one that has more time left even if i will finish it before the date of expiration.

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 10:00 Sat 2/18/2012

If this is what I am supposed to do, I will comply.

kryptic
10:00 Sat 2/18/2012

Guilty.

I started doing it years ago cause I thought it would have less uv exposure. Now, since I’ve been doing it for so many years, its pretty much just a force of habit at this point.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 10:06 Sat 2/18/2012

Milk makes sense... dates of expiration and so on, but with beer? I guess if you want the freshest IPA and all that, it might make sense... but people don’t realize that most of our stock came from the same case or at least from the same delivery. I suppose every once in awhile the 2nd six pack happens to be fresher than the first one.

For those who were asking, we fill all of our coolers from the back, so everything is... auto-rotated, I guess.

As for the cold thing... that really boggles my mind... I mean... I just don’t get it. It’s going to sit in your car or wherever and get warm on the drive home, right? I don’t think the back of the cooler is any colder and the beer is going to warm anyway?

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 10:09 Sat 2/18/2012

As for the light exposure... I’m pretty sure most people who shop in a lot of beer stores don’t even know that may be an issue.

cgarvieuk
beers 37619 º places 457 º 10:11 Sat 2/18/2012

milk is stored in open fridge, so i do tend to go for ones at back there, but other wise tend not to

BigSound
beers 196 º places 9 º 10:12 Sat 2/18/2012

My girlfriend dose this with everything. Even fully packaged, plastic wrapped items.

cgarvieuk
beers 37619 º places 457 º 10:13 Sat 2/18/2012

Originally posted by Cletus
Originally posted by Fratto
People do this with milk all the time as well. I don’t get it.

They have to have those two extra days on the best buy date. That’s everything!

Yup thats true. I buy for a whole week. and if i dont get the ones with the longest date then its past its bbf before the end of the week.

and unlike most bbf, ive had too many milks turn sour that i want to make sure i have those days

kryptic
10:13 Sat 2/18/2012

Originally posted by drowland
As for the light exposure... I’m pretty sure most people who shop in a lot of beer stores don’t even know that may be an issue.

A lot of beer geeks seem to think that uv light "skunking" beer is some special knowledge that only they possess, when in reality, it is actually pretty common knowledge these days.

You’d be surprised. A lot more people than you think are probably doing it for the uv reason, not becasue they think there is some magical super cold, bottled yesterday beer back there somewhere.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 10:27 Sat 2/18/2012

Originally posted by kryptic
Originally posted by drowland

A lot of beer geeks seem to think that uv light "skunking" beer is some special knowledge that only they possess, when in reality, it is actually pretty common knowledge these days.

You’d be surprised. A lot more people than you think are probably doing it for the uv reason, not becasue they think there is some magical super cold, bottled yesterday beer back there somewhere.

My argument in this case is that it’s not even an issue, but people will think what they think.