Why should someone drink and rate now 3 Fonteinen Framboos?

Reads 7454 • Replies 93 • Started Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:15:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

b3shine
beers 12183 º places 372 º 19:03 Wed 5/30/2012

Originally posted by JAXSON
Originally posted by b3shine
As expected, ’retaliation’ reviews (4.8) are now being entered, likely an effort to keep bottle value high. After all, a handful of people did acquire 30+ bottles at the event. The freakin games we play here.

I don’t think so. After all, this is a new beer, and there was only one review since this thread was originally posted. And we’re not on the same time frame the rest of the world is (the person you’re referring to is from the Netherlands). Also, it was a thorough review, so I don’t think it was necessarily retaliatory.

Yeah, I disagree with this. I don’t want to stir this up too much so I’ll just leave ’er be.

Sorry; I was trying to delete the word "frame" from my original message and repost it, but you responded first. Just my OCD kicking in, lol.

Jeppe
beers 2634 º places 84 º 19:06 Wed 5/30/2012

As expected, ’retaliation’ reviews (4.8) are now being entered, likely an effort to keep bottle value high. After all, a handful of people did acquire 30+ bottles at the event. The freakin games we play here.

dude that is bs. noone bought 30+ bottles. believe me, i for one know ;)

CharmCityCrab
beers 244 º 19:16 Wed 5/30/2012

Yeah, enough mediocre ratings please, stop affecting the value of these bottles!

I’m sorry that people buying and use beer for it’s intended purpose (i.e. drinking it) is screwing up your investment strategy. Personally, though, I’m of the opinion that beer is meant to be consumed, shared, and enjoyed- not as a replacement, substitute, or supplement for someone’s 401k plan. :)

Don’t mean to jump on you personally. I know some folks who I like who are kind of the same way- every time something becomes a fashionable or "in", they see it as a dollars and cents thing and try to capitalize on it. Often, they do with good intentions- children’s college funds, retirement, etc.. But I kind of wish the world wasn’t that way.

It’d be nice if people were just into stuff like beer for the enjoyment of beer, and we didn’t have speculators driving up the price and putting a lot of good stuff out of the reach of the common man.

If I ran the world, going forward after a certain date (So as not to screw up people’s legally made existing plans), any beer purchased would not be allowed to be re-sold above it’s purchase price. I’d also love to see sort of a "beer drinker’s code" where beer lovers collectively got together and of their own free will said "Hey, we’re not going to financially support expensive beer beyond a certain price because we want it to be something that’s open to almost everyone and keep brewers from price gouging".

I know it’s not going to happen. I just wish some things could be kept fun, open to as many people as possible, and out of the realm of economics of scarcity and hording and investing strategy.

JAXSON
beers 612 º places 4 º 19:19 Wed 5/30/2012

Originally posted by CharmCityCrab
Yeah, enough mediocre ratings please, stop affecting the value of these bottles!

I’m sorry that people buying and use beer for it’s intended purpose (i.e. drinking it) is screwing up your investment strategy. Personally, though, I’m of the opinion that beer is meant to be consumed, shared, and enjoyed- not as a replacement, substitute, or supplement for someone’s 401k plan. :)

Don’t mean to jump on you personally. I know some folks who I like who are kind of the same way- every time something becomes a fashionable or "in", they see it as a dollars and cents thing and try to capitalize on it. Often, they do with good intentions- children’s college funds, retirement, etc.. But I kind of wish the world wasn’t that way.

It’d be nice if people were just into stuff like beer for the enjoyment of beer, and we didn’t have speculators driving up the price and putting a lot of good stuff out of the reach of the common man.

If I ran the world, going forward after a certain date (So as not to screw up people’s legally made existing plans), any beer purchased would not be allowed to be re-sold above it’s purchase price. I’d also love to see sort of a "beer drinker’s code" where beer lovers collectively got together and of their own free will said "Hey, we’re not going to financially support expensive beer beyond a certain price because we want it to be something that’s open to almost everyone and keep brewers from price gouging".

I know it’s not going to happen. I just wish some things could be kept fun, open to as many people as possible, and out of the realm of economics of scarcity and hording and investing strategy.

I was being sarcastic, bro.

JAXSON
beers 612 º places 4 º 19:19 Wed 5/30/2012

Originally posted by Jeppe

What are you doing up?

Jeppe
beers 2634 º places 84 º 20:19 Wed 5/30/2012

What are you doing up?

I’m in Brooklyn ;)

BBB63
beers 6567 º places 146 º 20:24 Wed 5/30/2012

because u rate a beer at a moment in time, have it then acquire more for the cellar... why is this an issue?

CharmCityCrab
beers 244 º 21:04 Wed 5/30/2012

I was being sarcastic, bro.

Sorry, didn’t catch that the first time through (Obviously). Easy to miss this stuff on the Internet- no tone of voice, etc..

Mortlach
beers 4761 º places 10 º 00:59 Thu 5/31/2012

Originally posted by MagicDave6
Originally posted by Mortlach
Uhm... I read a 2.7 gave by madmitch76 and he seems a veteran and competent rater.

I know Ken well. He visits my pub every monday and im fully awear of his dislike of sours. Ken isnt the only "veteran" rater to dislike sours though and has a keen palate for barey wines and imp stouts. However if im honest i shouldnt have resonded at all, as im drunk and need bed and have somne curry/spiced porter that im supposed to be having...

I didn’t know that.

AcctError159802
beers 13 º 02:02 Thu 5/31/2012

Retaliation review? Man, check further than only RB before you judge other people. You would see I have a sour-rating track record on BA, and I especially love Cantillon and 3 Fonteinen sours. I just started to rate all the new entries I make on BA on RB as well. Just because I like it, am I not allowed to rate it a 4.8, simply because in your opinion I do it to keep bottle value high? With your way of reasoning, people who had only a single bottle can rate this beer low in order to bring the bottle value down. Like that it will be easier for them to acquire a Framboos in a future trade. Please take off your thin foil hat, drop the conspiracy theories and just accept that some people just love this beer, and some simply don’t.

And about boosting the bottle value; I will never trade my bottles away. I was waiting for this stuff for many years, and I will drink them all!