Yuengling in Texas???

Reads 14919 • Replies 19 • Started Saturday, October 31, 2009 11:09:27 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

legion242
beers 2345 º places 122 º 16:51 Sun 11/1/2009

BTW, at my store, this is the most asked for beer, as Swalden can probably back up.
I remember when Fat Tire was the most asked for. Once Yuengling comes, someone else will replace them right away.

blutt59
beers 6999 º places 210 º 17:18 Sun 11/1/2009

They are probably referring to Leinenkugels, similar name with a g in the middle

JMerritt
places 72 º 18:12 Sun 11/1/2009

Originally posted by blutt59
They are probably referring to Leinenkugels, similar name with a g in the middle

Similar name?

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 20:14 Sun 11/1/2009

I sold it years ago in Austin. And thus it was once available in Texas previously, young one.

BMan1113VR
beers 7929 º places 423 º 21:01 Sun 11/1/2009

Originally posted by shawn14505
Just make a quick drive over to Alabama, pick up a few cases and put it on your shelves. Charge double for it and call it a "craft" beer. People will buy it.
Slightly illegal here in TX...

RCL
beers 2032 º places 7 º 21:33 Sun 11/1/2009

Originally posted by fly
I sold it years ago in Austin. And thus it was once available in Texas previously, young one.

This begs the question: OP, is the guy in this story an old geezer?

If so, this seems like a prime example of the following conversation:

Geezer: "Hey sonny, you have any X Beer for sale?"

Beer Store Dude: "No, that beer isn’t distributed in this state."

Geezer: "Horse pucky! Me and my college buddies would drink this all the time....back in aught five."

Beer Store Dude:

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 21:36 Sun 11/1/2009

Originally posted by RCL
Originally posted by fly

Geezer: "Horse pucky! Me and my college buddies would drink this all the time....back in aught five."

Beer Store Dude:

Cut to the chase moran. If you’re asking if I’m a geezer, you’re an idiot. Of course I am. Sold it around 1991.

RCL
beers 2032 º places 7 º 23:31 Sun 11/1/2009

Originally posted by fly
Originally posted by RCL
Originally posted by fly

Beer Store Dude:

Cut to the chase moran. If you’re asking if I’m a geezer, you’re an idiot. Of course I am. Sold it around 1991.

Didn’t mean to imply geezerdom.

Well, guess I did.

In fact, the original punchline I wrote was "... back in ’85" but I figured that that would offend everyone 40 and over, so I changed it.

Your experience is invaluable, though, and we treasure your geezerly experience here.

Love,
the beer drinking whipper-snappers

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 06:53 Mon 11/2/2009

Originally posted by pepsican
I’ve had people swear up and down that someone in Iowa has it as well. They don’t. People can’t quite grasp distribution. Just because uncle frank had a keg at the family reunion does not mean that it’s available at stores.

There is a bar in Des Moines that exclusively uses Yuengling porter 6 pack holders for all their condiments. I can’t imagine the grief that this must cause their staff and subsequent beer stores in our area.