A stylish, minimalistic bar for beautiful people. The beer list - an impressively extensive menu in a folder, with the pages bordered in newsprint - is exclusively Belgian and I gather that the head barman is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable ambassador for Belgian beers.
There’s a cosy-ish eating area at the front with a big picture window. I couldn’t help noticing when I passed later that it was full of well suited and booted people like mannequins in a goldfish bowl. The Duvel Café a couple of doors down looked rather more inviting although, having looked at their website, I see that the beer offerings are rather more limited.
For a good range of Belgian beers in Sweden I’d imagine that Pressklubben is hard to beat although for me this isn’t a great attraction as I live only two hours by train from Brussels and when in Sweden I’m interested in drinking mainly Swedish beer.
(Visited 1 March 2013).
An elegant restaurant and bar focusing on Belgian beers. Maybe a bit too posh for me? 17 draught beers and an insane bottled selection. Rather expensive. "Het Nest Dead Man's Hand" was my choice this evening. 105 kronor for 33 cl, acceptable for a Norwegian but expensive for almost all others. But, this fine restaurant is not aiming for a backpacker budget! (Visited September 21st 2017 with Bjarte1)
Fast becoming on of the best beer destinations in Stockholm. Focusing on Belgian beers on taps and bottles, 20 taps and a well stocked, large, bottled menu. A drinking section at the entrance, then the main bar followed by two rooms for eating. Noisy and very busy early on a Thursday eve, still very attentive and knowledgeable service at the bar, and by the table. My lamb sausages were well made and tasty. Visited by grown-ups over 45, I would say. The location in Vasagatan is just a few minutes from the train station and almost next door to Duvel Cafe and the Flying Dog bar (Visited with friends, 24.11.2016).
Rating from 2012: Visited on September 6, 2012. Beer selection drastically smaller than I remembered. As of the bartender only the few bottles that was in the fridge were available. OK to stop by for a beer, but nothing I will seek out again. 3/6/7/NA/5/12=56 First rating from 2009: Rating is for Pressklubben. Good beer selection. Food is a bit posh and pricey. The sausage was great though. Service OK. Central location. 3/6/12/7/7/5/13=68
Nice Belgobar with some of the best belgian beers. I had a great relaxing time here an afternoon i April
kermis (566) The Hague / Amsterdam , Netherlands | April 24, 2011
Very modern appearance, looking more like a fancy wine bar than a beer bar. An amazing selection of Belgian beers in Stockholm’s ’little Belgium’ area. Great if that’s what you are looking for, but nothing of interest if you live in Benelux area.
Pressklubben has a good selection of Belgian beers, the food is ok. The location is excellent, just a couple of minutes from the Central Station.
The ambiance is modern with quite a lot of business people among the guests. One of the bartenders, Jens, is a a true ambassador for belgian beer. Definitely worth a visit.
Was doubtfull this was a place ’worthy to visit’ in my limited time in this amazing beercity. I am sure glad I did . beerlist is about 99 % Belgian ( the other 1 % is a lost other beer, or simply a collab and thus to be rated differently than Belgian ) bt the offering is amazin. i mean, working in an Antwerp bar myself, I wouldn’t take all the beers they have, but to be in Sweden, it’s really cool to have these! to sum some up - they have oude geuze, next to small breweries that are not ’rare’ but not easy to find- even localy- such as keukenbrouwers, smisje, de bie, ... ) next to ( a few) vintage’s ( i might have drank most though) of Brewery de regenboog ( you do not longer find this in Belgium) and others. The staff is really well-trained. The interior is very fancy, reminding of a star restaurant almost. I loved this WAY more than I expected I would.
We met the bartender of this place the night before at Akkurat, so we decided to pay him a visit the next day. Service was very friendly. Selection is only Belgian stuff though, which was a bit weird being in Stockholm :p But they had a really really impressive list of beers available and on draught. The burger was tasty. Value of the beers was ok. Overall, if you’re looking for Belgian beers, this is THE place to go in Stockholm (but don’t go there for the Swedish stuff, they have none).