crusianbeer (4) Oregon | March 25, 2016
- AMBIANCE 1/5
- SERVICE 1/10
- SELECTION 5/15
- FOOD N/A
- VALUE 2/10
- OVERALL 1/20
I have not reviewed in a while, but I had to review this place.
1. Arrived, couldn’t find the door. There was a stage covering it. We had to walk through the whole outdoor smoke filled seating area. They can still smoke here?
2. It was 8 pm. 35 minute wait. Ok. Saw someone sit down outside, asked.. Oh just go sit out there. So we did.
3. Guy cleaned our table and I asked for a tap list. He said, what? Tap list? A bit louder... I’m sorry? List of beers on tap? Oh, it’s inside on the wall. This place is called taps and you don’t know what a tap list is?
4. Go inside to look at the wall, apologize to the people sitting under it. Mentioning they are in the wrong spot jokingly, pointing to the tap list. Get yelled at by a military man saying NO YOURE IN THE WRONG FUCKING SPOT! ... Um, sorry to bother you.
5. Order a double ipa and a regular ipa, nothing else really on tap I wanted. One beer comes out black. I ask the server, different one that didn’t know what a tap list was, is that the double ipa? Yes. Terrapin, I asked for the tomoka double ipa... Yes. Ok, I’m positive it isn’t.
6. Brings the right beer. 10 seconds later a VERY drunk man 60ish comes out the door and sways at our table and grabs something off of it. This yours? They were cigars left by someone else. I say, he can have them, so he falls into the empty seat and smells them. Stands, sways, has an awkward 5 minutes while I exchange looks with my better half. Then blurts out its not what he wants. Another 5 minutes... He lights up a cigarette and proceeds to smoke at our table. I look over and say to my partner, we should just get the check and go. and he left.
7. Every time the door opens I hear squeals from the poor audio from the band. I feel bad for them, it’s not their fault, it’s the system, it is horrible.
8. Woman comes out and smokes on the empty chair next to me. Not at our table, so ok, I guess. She finishes, puts the butt in the tray on our table and goes inside.
8. We get the check and leave.
UDBeernut (348) Saint Johns, Florida | May 2, 2015| Updated November 23, 2016
- AMBIANCE 3/5
- SERVICE 5/10
- SELECTION 6/15
- FOOD 3/10
- VALUE 4/10
- OVERALL 10/20
This place is the closest beer place to my house. Had dinner here with my wife and daughter. Large bar, smaller seating area, small patio located in a strip mall setting. Local towny feel. Tap list was okay, but really amongst the weakest I’ve seen in town. Food is expensive for what it is. The burger at least was tasty. Fries and picke chips where very salty and greasy. I very much doubt I will return.
FunMikeG (1) Jacksonville , Florida | January 3, 2015
- AMBIANCE 2/5
- SERVICE 5/10
- SELECTION 8/15
- FOOD 7/10
- VALUE 7/10
- OVERALL 15/20
Great family sports bar feel, excellent food but just an ok beer selection. Clientele is a little rough and the service matches the patrons. Local families bring their kids and allow them to run rampant which takes away from the great live music that is often playing. Could improve by increasing happy hour specials and turning over taps more frequently.
Msumax1985 (13) Florida | November 27, 2011| Updated December 24, 2011
- AMBIANCE 5/5
- SERVICE 9/10
- SELECTION 14/15
- FOOD 8/10
- VALUE 10/10
- OVERALL 19/20
I gave this place a 5 on ambiance as I love sports. And they have a ton of TV’s and make it a point to show all the games. If it’s televised, they can get it on for you. Beer selection is great, and they have excellent prices on craft beer--happy hour prices all day Sat/Sun. 10 rotating taps have seasonal craft selections. Food is usually pretty good.