RateBeer European Summer Gathering 2016: Proposals and Voting

Reads 5240 • Replies 31 • Started Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:23:06 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Leighton
beers 33821 º places 1204 º 13:23 Tue 4/19/2016

There were two proposals submitted for RBESG 2016. As such, we will need to have a vote to decide the host city. The proposals (in the order they were received) are as follows:

Bratislava, 13-16 July:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByFTn0_6g_HHN1ZRdXIteDcyZy1ObU0yWHVtek5JNUhrX3JB/view?usp=sharing

Barcelona, 7-10 July:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nt9Q4sMlXNjYzwKOjnBC5PAO6qPjn8H3Nu7vo25Hc_c/edit

---

After reviewing the proposals, please submit your vote by sending a single Beermail to users leighton and chriso. All votes must be received by the end of the day on 26 April 2016 (midnight GMT).

Guidelines for voting:

- To be eligible to vote, you must have been a registered RB user for three months as at 19 April 2016.
- Please only vote if you are planning to attend.
- Please format your beermail to leighton and chriso as follows:

Title: RBESG16 Vote
Body Line 1: Link To Your Profile
Body Line 2: Your Email Address
Body Line 3: Your postal code
Body Line 4: Your Vote (Location Name)

Failure to follow this format OR if this information does not match the information in your RateBeer profile will cause your vote to be discarded.

Thanks to all those RBians who have made the effort to put these proposals together. Both look like a lot of fun.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40899 º places 1239 º 13:28 Tue 4/19/2016

Well done both teams ... great effort.

One ’Q’ from me ... and please shoot me down if I’ve missed it, but where is the grand tasting built into the Barcelona proposal?

Leighton
beers 33821 º places 1204 º 13:40 Tue 4/19/2016

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

One ’Q’ from me ... and please shoot me down if I’ve missed it, but where is the grand tasting built into the Barcelona proposal?

It’s in there - I missed it the first time I scanned the proposal, too. Just go into the doc and Ctrl+f and type ’grand’ and you’ll find it quickly.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40899 º places 1239 º 13:45 Tue 4/19/2016

Originally posted by Leighton

It’s in there - I missed it the first time I scanned the proposal, too. Just go into the doc and Ctrl+f and type ’grand’ and you’ll find it quickly.

Ok - gotchya ... used to it being a stand alone / end of day event hence missed it there in the middle.

Leighton
beers 33821 º places 1204 º 13:46 Tue 4/19/2016

Ok - gotchya ... used to it being a stand alone / end of day event hence missed it there in the middle.

Yep, ditto here.

bartlebier
beers 4526 º places 177 º 13:48 Tue 4/19/2016

Both dates are within range of due date for Belgian-German progeny, so I’ll have to pass.

Success and thanks to both B-------a teams for an obviously solid effort and inspiration to submit a full bid for B-erlin next year!

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 14:20 Tue 4/19/2016

The tasting couldn’t be fitted in Friday’s schedule, and I decided not to do it on sunday in case anyone is leaving early. If every attendant leaves late sunday or monday, we will modifiy it and move the tasting to sunday, making the saturday’s plan less tight.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 14:59 Tue 4/19/2016

fab proposals guys I’d love both of them - unfortunately have work commitments at start of July; so won’t be able to attend

SinH4
beers 15476 º places 416 º 17:50 Tue 4/19/2016

I would have loved both. Datewise I only have a chance to make Barcelona. Let’s see, I’ll have to do some travel planning anyway for the summer.

BlackHaddock
beers 15611 º places 1059 º 03:07 Wed 4/20/2016

Both dates fine for me: thanks to both sets of guys for the proposals and I hope to visit the winning city whichever it is and thanking you personally.

<*))))))><

yespr
beers 55614 º places 43 º 14:56 Wed 4/20/2016

YES Barcelona is while the family and I are on vacation for two weeks in ...Barcelona :D

/Jesper