Schera’s Restaurant is hosting a kick-off party for Abu Nawas on Saturday, March 31 from 1pm to 4pm. Tickets are $20 per person in advance or $25 at the door and includes twelve three-ounce sample pours and one six-ounce Cask Ale (real ale) hand-pumped from our brand new... beer enginge imported from England. Additional beers are available on a cash basis. We will also be offering shawarma (gyros) and falafel for those wishing to eat. (The regular menu will not be available between 12:45pm and 4:30pm.) A portion of the proceeds will go towards purchasing playground equipment for Elkader’s new park located in the area devastated by the 2008 flood.
Final beer list (as of 03.30.12)
1. Jandrain-Jandrenouille IV Saison (Belgium)
2. Löwenbräu Buttenheim Kellerbier in the antisch keg (Germany)
3. De La Senne Taras Boulba (Belgium)
4. Stillwater Stateside (USA)
5. Stillwater Cellar Door (USA)
6. Stillwater Premium (USA)
7. Evil Twin Ron and The Beast Ryan - (Denmark)
8. Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza (Michigan, USA)
9. Jolly Pumpkin Bam Noire (Michigan, USA)
10. Mikkeller Koppi IPA (Denmark)
11. Amager Rugporter (Denmark)
12. Haandbryggeriet Norwegian Wood (Norway)
13. Nøgne-Ø Winter (Norway)
No fillers here! Frederique and Abu Nawas’ Sales Manager Kevin Roberts will be on hand to discuss the beer on tap as well as answer any questions about Abu Nawas’ line-up. We will also have bottles of some of the featured beers available for sale at a discounted price.
All participants in the beer tasting will be entered into a raffle for an extremely rare bottle of beer, to be announced at the event! A truly unique opportunity.
For advance tickets, please call Schera’s at 563-245-1992 with a credit card. Pre-orders will be available for pickup at the door. Tickets are limited so don’t miss this amazing chance to try some of the really amazing beers that Abu Nawas is bringing to Iowa.
Hope to see you there!
Kevin Roberts firstname.lastname@example.org 563.284.2253
Beer list is finalized, as of 1:00PM 03.30.12. heykevin, 3/30/2012