35 days? We suck.

Reads 2627 • Replies 24 • Started Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:14:55 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jmikolich
beers 1486 º places 112 º 12:14 Wed 11/7/2012

Whats going on Cleveland? Anything fun and exciting?

Anything new and local that you think is outstanding?

I can’t believe we had nothing said for 35 days thats terrible at least start a thread to complain about the Browns or something!

Jackie O’s STAFF bottles, how do you get into this exclusive club? I wouldnt mind doing it, I need a better excuse to go back to my Alumnus.

JStax
beers 10650 º places 821 º 12:39 Wed 11/7/2012

Last I heard, STAFF memberships were going on sale again at the beginning of the year. Hopefully someone more in the know will drop in on this thread. I would very much like to know the particulars as well.

jmikolich
beers 1486 º places 112 º 12:40 Wed 11/7/2012

Paging Beace! Brad come fill us in!

Oh yeah, and there is a huge anniversary party at Jackie O’s in December in case anyone wasnt already aware. December 15th

JStax
beers 10650 º places 821 º 12:49 Wed 11/7/2012

Originally posted by jmikolich
Paging Beace! Brad come fill us in!

Oh yeah, and there is a huge anniversary party at Jackie O’s in December in case anyone wasnt already aware. December 15th

Do you know anything other than the date? Will there be bottles? Their blog hasn’t been updated since the last release.

jmikolich
beers 1486 º places 112 º 12:53 Wed 11/7/2012

I’ve heard that there are bottles, but again, can’t confirm if Staff or general public... my knowledge base is BA, Twitter and Facebook.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 16:17 Mon 11/12/2012

Here is the email I received a couple days ago:

Hello STAFF members,

Over the past twp weeks, we have bottled up 3 new STAFF beers. Bourbon Barrel Oil of Aphrodite, Bourbon Barrel Kopi Luwak Dark Apparition, and Dark Apparition Nuts. All three are stellar and showcase delightful balance and bold flavors. BB Oil is something I have wanted to do for 3 years now but continually placed it into rum barrels, the bourbon is something special. Once the new brewery is up and running, BB Oil will be made on a larger scale, something everyone can enjoy. BBKLDA was a blend of two 7 month old DA barrels. A portion of the barrel blend was set aside for another DA blend for the 7th Anniversary Party, and STAFF DA Nuts. The portion that was infused with Kopi Luwak Arabica got 2 pounds of coarse ground Kopi. This totals $280 worth of kopi in 300 bottles, damn! Very balanced rich offering highlighting the kopi character with out overpower the base beer or the barrel notes. DA Nuts is being bottled today. This beer has been a favorite at our releases and a favorite among the actual Jackie O’s staff. I took 2bbls of fresh dark apparition and infused it with an 1/2bbl of BBDA infused with a 5lb nut mix of pecan, almond, walnut, cashew, and hazelnut. The straight infusion was out of control, nut juice; no beer, no barrel. The blend of fresh DA and the nutted BBDA is very deep, rich, and enjoyable. All three beers will be available after Thanksgiving. Labels will be back from the artist late this week, then they go to print. We will then hand number, hand roll the labels, and wax-em’. BB Oil (blue), BBKLDA (Green), DA Nuts (Black). All STAFF members will be able to purchase 2 additional bottles of all 3 beers. BB Oil and BBKLDA will be $20 a piece. DA Nuts will be $16. T-Shirt and glass ware orders are being placed next week!

There is one more STAFF beer, Pappy Skipping Stone. I will bottle this as close to the 7th Anniversary Party (12/15) as possible. I want to apologize for loading all the beers on you all at the end of our year long agreement. There was no other way to do it with our limited barrel aging capacity at the brewpub. I do believe that these beers are all exceptional and represent the highest level of excellence from our brewing/aging programs. I also want to apologize for the lack of communication over the past 11 months. The STAFF program has been organized, maintained, and fostered by myself. This was a duty that I thought I could be vigilant with but I fell a little short, my apologies. With the new brewery in constant need of attention, training a new pub brewer (Sean), producing and additional 150bbls compared to last year, and the day to day duties of the brewery, I have been stretched a little thin. If you are questioning what you purchased last December, and feel that the Jackie O’s STAFF membership program has been handled poorly, I understand. We have ran into some snags with the new brewery, but hope to be operating (beer in the fermenters) by the end of 2012. The keg washer/filler that was purchased with the 2012 STAFF membership funds will be operating soon enough (a year after it’s purchase) and we thank you. This brings me to discussing STAFF 2013.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 16:17 Mon 11/12/2012

Part two, email was too long:

STAFF will continue in 2013. An email detailing the program for 2013 will come around next week. It will look very similar to this years, 6 beers, t-shirt, glass, and growler discounts. There will be no new members accepted and will only be available to the 2012 STAFF members that choose to renew their memberships. The price will remain $150, the beers will be top notch. Look for the email next week, look it over and feel free to send any questions my way. I will get back to ASAP. Payment options for the 2013 memberships will be discussed in the upcoming email.

The 7th Anniversary Extravaganza will be held on Friday 12/14 and Saturday 12/15. 40 different beers on draft, 7 bottles, and maybe a new 6oz taster glass shape/design. Tickets will go out on Friday 12/14 at 5pm on the brewpub side. Sale will start at 11am on the public house side on Saturday 12/15. Cash only for bottles and apparel/glassware. Bottles to be released include BB Brick Kiln, RB Brick Kiln, RB Oil, BB Skipping Stone, BBDA, Thorogood, Oaky Golden Pucker (46 month aged sour).

Thank you all for your support, more info coming next week.

Cheers,
Brad Clark
Brewer
Jackie O’s

JStax
beers 10650 º places 821 º 16:25 Mon 11/12/2012

Thanks for sharing those for us non-STAFF members.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 16:35 Mon 11/12/2012

Originally posted by JStax

You’re welcome.

I don’t think I can make the Anniversary Party, but if I do, it will be because of the BB and RB Brick Kiln. The regular version of that beer is fucking awesome.

JStax
beers 10650 º places 821 º 16:39 Mon 11/12/2012

Originally posted by miketd
Originally posted by JStax

You’re welcome.

I don’t think I can make the Anniversary Party, but if I do, it will be because of the BB and RB Brick Kiln. The regular version of that beer is fucking awesome.

Regular Brick Kiln did rule. I can’t wait to try the barrel aged versions. It is unfortunate that I won’t be allowed to buy a staff membership though.

jampics
beers 10 º places 2 º 17:09 Mon 11/12/2012

Originally posted by JStax It is unfortunate that I won’t be allowed to buy a staff membership though.

Agreed, but the beers for the Anniversary party look great so I guess we really can’t complain. I just hate that I had to travel for work and couldn’t make last year’s party - I guess that was the one and only chance to get a STAFF membership