ABR tickets

Reads 1305 • Replies 16 • Started Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:16:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 10:16 Wed 8/1/2012

Tickets sold out in a few seconds, just like Winterfest. I really don’t like it that they will allow one person to buy up to 6.

I am looking for tickets if anyone has extras.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 10:55 Wed 8/1/2012

I am taken care of. I do have friends who are still looking for a ticket if anyone has any.

CLevar
places 23 º 11:03 Wed 8/1/2012

Looking for one if anyone has extras. Thanks!

emeinz
beers 220 º places 47 º 12:10 Wed 8/1/2012

Also looking for one

WisconsinBeer
beers 716 º places 10 º 08:24 Fri 8/3/2012

Wow, this is all getting a bit ridiculous. On one hand, it’s great, because it means that the number of people who support local craft beer is growing. On the other hand, it keeps getting harder to have a chance to attend local beer events (ABR, WBR, Darkness Day, etc). I’m also wondering how many people attend this just as a "get shit-faced drunk for $40" kind of thing. Or maybe I’m just getting old and cranky! Either way, I got tickets, and I’m sure we’ll all have fun.

Originally posted by WisconsinBeer
Wow, this is all getting a bit ridiculous. On one hand, it’s great, because it means that the number of people who support local craft beer is growing. On the other hand, it keeps getting harder to have a chance to attend local beer events (ABR, WBR, Darkness Day, etc). I’m also wondering how many people attend this just as a "get shit-faced drunk for $40" kind of thing. Or maybe I’m just getting old and cranky! Either way, I got tickets, and I’m sure we’ll all have fun.

Tickets to All Pints North didn’t sell out (granted it was in Duluth). There were a few of us from RB at the event, which was a lot of fun. I didn’t see anyone getting completely hammered. It was a very relaxed atmosphere with people enjoying some good beer and nice weather. I hope and assume ABR will be similar.

At three thousand tickets for one of the best beer events in the Twin Cities, I am not surprised for the quick sell out. Demand is blowing up, supply isn’t keeping pace for now and I don’t see that changing for a long time. They could raise the price to $100 per ticket and then tickets won’t sell out as fast, but I will take the $40 and play the game. Ask me again in 5 - 10 years though and it might be a different answer

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 09:47 Fri 8/3/2012

Back in my day, a guy could show up 1/2 after start time for ABR, not wait in line, and sample all day. It is a little annoying, I was doing craft beer in Minnesota before it was cool, and now tourists and people just looking to get drunk have the chance to buy up all of these tickets. I don’t know what the solution is. ABR membership, like GABF?

Bacterial
beers 3140 º places 134 º 10:11 Fri 8/3/2012

Originally posted by JK
It is a little annoying, I was doing craft beer in Minnesota before it was cool, and now tourists and people just looking to get drunk have the chance to buy up all of these tickets.

Someone looking to get drunk would spend $20 on some shitty vodka in a plastic bottle. They wouldn’t take the time to mash the refresh button on their computer when tickets go on sale.

There more interest in craft beer now than there has ever been before. The solution is probably to have more events (like All Pints North) to satisfy demand.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 11:56 Fri 8/3/2012

Originally posted by Bacterial
Originally posted by JK
It is a little annoying, I was doing craft beer in Minnesota before it was cool, and now tourists and people just looking to get drunk have the chance to buy up all of these tickets.

Someone looking to get drunk would spend $20 on some shitty vodka in a plastic bottle. They wouldn’t take the time to mash the refresh button on their computer when tickets go on sale.

There more interest in craft beer now than there has ever been before. The solution is probably to have more events (like All Pints North) to satisfy demand.

I don’t know, the bars are filled with people at night who could drink at home cheap.

MilkmanDan
beers 1942 º places 20 º 14:38 Fri 8/3/2012

Originally posted by JK
Back in my day, a guy could show up 1/2 after start time for ABR, not wait in line, and sample all day. It is a little annoying, I was doing craft beer in Minnesota before it was cool, and now tourists and people just looking to get drunk have the chance to buy up all of these tickets. I don’t know what the solution is. ABR membership, like GABF?

TL;DR

Summary.

YOU DAMN KIDS, GET OFFA MY LAWN

WisconsinBeer
beers 716 º places 10 º 17:41 Fri 8/3/2012

Originally posted by MilkmanDan
Originally posted by JK

TL;DR

Summary.

YOU DAMN KIDS, GET OFFA MY LAWN

This is definitely the vibe on the MN forum at times. Myself included. Most of us have been on here for 5+ years, a lot has changed in that time. We’re the geezers of the local craft brew scene.

But the word is out. The days of getting into a major beer event by just walking up after it started are long gone. I remember the first Darkness Day (w/bottles). Surly folks were telling us to call friends and let them know spots were still available, like an hour after we got in. Crazy how fast it has progressed. Every year seems to double.