Adding Places in Sports Arenas

Reads 799 • Replies 13 • Started Sunday, June 5, 2016 8:47:13 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JStax
beers 10650 º places 821 º 08:47 Sun 6/5/2016

Is there a protocol for adding a beer place inside a professional sports arena? I am going to Progressive Field for a baseball game, and in my research have found there are multiple breweries inside the field. From what I can tell, none are in the database yet. Is it because they are unrateable? If so, why? Should I add them? Are there other fields or arenas I can look at for how they should be added?

Thanks for the help!

Travlr
beers 33887 º places 4583 º 09:12 Sun 6/5/2016

Certainly there are some bars that have been added in sports arenas: http://www.ratebeer.com/p/red-porch-and-loft-bar-and-patio/46300/

Strange that multiple breweries aren’t in the database. While you’re there, see if the staff (probably a manager) knows where their beers are brewed, a random guess would be that they’re contract brews by a known brewery. Of course Google might come up with a chain of origin, I’m sure you’ve tried that.

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 09:35 Sun 6/5/2016

Like airports and cruise ships, sports arenas are a beer venue category unto themselves. Since beer is served, we should be covering this. But it is a constantly evolving environment and will need the attention of a lot of admins. Detailed site/place verification looks like a bitch. I’ll defer to Joet and Oakes on this one as site resources seem stretched as it is.

JStax
beers 10650 º places 821 º 09:58 Sun 6/5/2016

Originally posted by Travlr
Certainly there are some bars that have been added in sports arenas: http://www.ratebeer.com/p/red-porch-and-loft-bar-and-patio/46300/

Strange that multiple breweries aren’t in the database. While you’re there, see if the staff (probably a manager) knows where their beers are brewed, a random guess would be that they’re contract brews by a known brewery. Of course Google might come up with a chain of origin, I’m sure you’ve tried that.

Perhaps I worded that poorly. The breweies in there are established breweries that just have an extra location in the arena (Great Lakes, Fat Heads, The Brew Kettle).

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 10:00 Sun 6/5/2016

Should be added as far as I know. It’s another place where you can find beer and the information would be very helpful.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 12:25 Sun 6/5/2016

Of course it should ... mainly an American domain, re: interesting beer in a sporting arena, but I added a venue in an English Rugby ground a few years back that carries 5 or 6 hot cask lines !

bytemesis
beers 15319 º places 1595 º 12:38 Sun 6/5/2016

Afaik, any place that serves or sells craft beer is eligible for inclusion.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 10:12 Mon 6/6/2016

Desverger
beers 29281 º places 383 º 11:01 Mon 6/6/2016

Interesting.

Unlike allot of the bigger major sporting venues in the UK, there is some good beer being served in bars in quite a few sporting venues I visit in London that will check up on and maybe add on next visit.

At Selhurst Park we always have The Kernel, and local brewer Cronx (plus some others)

Over at Champion Hill, (Dulwich Hamlet FC) they been rotating among others... Beavertown/Partizan/Four Pure/Brick/Late Knights/Gipsy Hill/Orbit/Canopy - (we always play them in Summer Pre-season friendlies) so looking forward to a visit this year hopefully)

Travlr
beers 33887 º places 4583 º 11:17 Mon 6/6/2016

Originally posted by JStax
Originally posted by Travlr

Perhaps I worded that poorly. The breweies in there are established breweries that just have an extra location in the arena (Great Lakes, Fat Heads, The Brew Kettle).

ahh, gotcha, I understand. My Bad!
Yes, I agree with all the other comments, they should be added.

andrewje41
beers 7597 º places 142 º 21:35 Mon 6/6/2016

Safeco Field sure deserves a place on the site. I had three beers there the other day. A dry hopped cask IPA, A berliner weisse, and a porter.