After rating

Reads 2074 • Replies 18 • Started Saturday, October 7, 2017 2:54:10 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

ardeo
beers 1895 º places 11 º 12:01 Wed 10/11/2017

I have yet to find Leopold 7 Timber, I have honestly never seen Millevertus IPA Pot'âme since I tried it at Zythos last year. Wallonian beers don’t seem to make it always over the language border unless if it is a big brand. Belgium seems to be still a bit regional in that aspect, it works the other way around I think for some Flanders breweries but I am not enough in Wallonia to be certain.

Même ici en Wallonie, il est parfois difficile de trouver les produits de chez Millevertus alors que la brasserie est reprise dans le guide « Hachette » des bières (plutôt consacré à des françaises mais avec aussi quelques belges des 3 régions, des américaines, des allemandes, des suisses etc). Si tu vas en Gaume l’année prochaine, tu peux visiter Millevertus à Breuvanne où tu trouveras et aussi en grande surface -mais Rulles est plus vendue.
Pour les bières flamandes qu’on peut trouver en Wallonie, à part les classiques, on peut trouver dans quelques commerces comme Beer Lovers à Chênée (quelques Struise, beaucoup de Korenaar, Liefmans etc). Heureusement qu’il y a Internet !
Autrement, après ma dégustation de ce soir, j’hésite entre « Millevertus IPA Pot'âme » et « Belle fleur » de DDVDKorenaar. Es-tu déjà allé chez eux, aux Pays-Bas ?
Mais êtes-vous tous des collectionneurs de bières belges ? 😊

Even here in Wallonia, it is sometimes difficult to find the products of Millevertus while the brewery is included in the guide "Hachette des bières" (rather devoted to the French but also with some Belgians of the 3 regions, American, German , Swiss etc.). If you are going to Gaume next year, you can visit Millevertus in Breuvanne where you will find and also in big supermarket - but Rulles is more sold.
For the Flemish beers that can be found in Wallonia, apart from the classics, we can find in some shops like Beer Lovers in Chênée (a few Struise, a lot of Korenaar, Liefmans etc). Luckily there is Internet!

Otherwise, after my tasting tonight, I hesitate between "Millevertus IPA Pot'Ame" and "Beautiful flower" of DDVDKorenaar. Have you ever been to their home in the Netherlands?
But are you all Belgian beer collectors? 😊

ardeo
beers 1895 º places 11 º 12:04 Wed 10/11/2017

"Beautiful flower" is "Belle Fleur" natuurlijk ! :-)

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 13:10 Wed 10/11/2017

Go to beer for me is DLS. Also quite enjoy the Tilquin. Do enjoy a lot of the Bastogne and St Hélène. However, I am usually going after a bit more off the beaten path for an exotic profile for the go to rather than the usually Belgianesque profile which often times leads me to drink other beers than Belgian beers.

ardeo
beers 1895 º places 11 º 13:23 Wed 10/11/2017

Originally posted by sebletitje
Go to beer for me is DLS. Also quite enjoy the Tilquin. Do enjoy a lot of the Bastogne and St Hélène. However, I am usually going after a bit more off the beaten path for an exotic profile for the go to rather than the usually Belgianesque profile which often times leads me to drink other beers than Belgian beers.

Hi sebletitje , pouvez-vous ajouter une version en français car je ne comprends pas ce que vous voulez dire et Google ne m'aide pas beaucoup !

Hi sebletitje, can you add a French version because I do not understand what you mean and Google does not help me much!

Who is drinking ? :-)

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 04:52 Tue 10/17/2017

At home, I very rarely drink a beer I have had before. There are so many bottles waiting to be drunk, I don't want to damage my liver even more by drinking extra at home.

I (almost) never drink main stream pils. At the VIP event of Ghent Film Festival I had home made ice tea instead of Omer. Really trying to think about my health, I drink more than enough already with the new beers at home and the stuff I drink at festivals. Occasionally I open up a lambic based beer (OG, Kriek, ...) at home, usually when we have foreigners visiting, so I learn them about lambic.

If I do drink at a bar, and they don't have a new beer (there's not many bars that have new beers for me) it's usually (in order of preference):
- Orval
- something light and hoppy or just hoppy/ipa-like (Ouwen Duiker, Taras Boulba, Tank 7, Calling IPA)
- very rare: a heavy trappist, like Rochefort 10 / Chimay Bleu.

I they have none of the above, or even sometimes if they do, I will order a Tonic or home made lemonade or something. Like I said, trying to think of my health as well. With all the tastings, I consume more than enough alcohol already.

ardeo
beers 1895 º places 11 º 11:35 Tue 10/17/2017

Originally posted by tderoeck
At home, I very rarely drink a beer I have had before. There are so many bottles waiting to be drunk, I don't want to damage my liver even more by drinking extra at home.

I (almost) never drink main stream pils. At the VIP event of Ghent Film Festival I had home made ice tea instead of Omer. Really trying to think about my health, I drink more than enough already with the new beers at home and the stuff I drink at festivals.

It's not always easy to find bars that serve some beers like Imperial Stout or Black IPA. In Wallonia, there are the "Vaudrée" but consumers do not follow certain styles. We are therefore obliged to order online and consume at home.
Are there more facilities in Gent or Antwerpen?

Nevertheless, do not forget the only festival of special beers that I know: the Hoppydays of Liège
https://www.hoppydays.be/
including Millervertus & Dochter van de Korenaar

ardeo
beers 1895 º places 11 º 13:12 Tue 10/17/2017

When one loves, one does not count! And when you appreciate something good, you want to come back to it from time to time. But I am also a collector (birds, movies, beers etc.) and I also want to "drink moderately" :-) Very difficult!

Bierridder_S
beers 2086 º places 57 º 03:12 Wed 10/18/2017

Anything I didn't have before (except for Inbev, always try to get them as free ticks). Choice is usually made in this order (but may differ) :
- General availability (rare -> …)
- Brewery (small -> …)
- Region (local -> …)
- Price
- ABV (low -> …)
- Mood