Allgäuer Brauhaus (Oetker Group) - query.

Reads 1857 • Replies 6 • Started Sunday, September 9, 2012 12:37:34 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40594 º places 1239 º 00:37 Sun 9/9/2012

I recently visited Sailer Brau in Markt Oberdorf, tap house for the Allgauer brewery.

I had two beers that don’t quite match up to the RB listings.

Allgauer Buble Hell @ 4.7% which I imagine is an alias for the Allgauer Bayrisch Hell but I also had a beer titled Allgauer Buble Dunkel but at 5.3%, hence it may be a different beer to this one, or perhaps they have upped the ABV?

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/allgauer-urbayrisch-dunkel/6753/

Does anyone know what ’buble’ means as this word seems to have crept into the name?

Any help/clarification greatfully received.

Marko
admin
beers 17890 º places 879 º 00:45 Sun 9/9/2012

Allgäuer Büble Hell = Allgäuer Bayrisch Hell. The site has it as Allgäuer Büble Bayrisch Hell. They did some rebranding, and named 5-6 beers Büble... fixed teh Dunkel too.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40594 º places 1239 º 01:04 Sun 9/9/2012

Originally posted by Marko
Allgäuer Büble Hell = Allgäuer Bayrisch Hell. The site has it as Allgäuer Büble Bayrisch Hell. They did some rebranding, and named 5-6 beers Büble... fixed teh Dunkel too.

Cheers for fixing.

The waitress at Sailer Brau actually gave me the plastic seals off the top of the kegs which lists ABV, as we weren’t 100% at the time of drinking as they didn’t match the German Good Beer guide info that we had with us.

Marko
admin
beers 17890 º places 879 º 01:35 Sun 9/9/2012

It’s a new thing, from January 2012. They spread the Büble Bier brand over several beers, and named the old "Büble Bier" -> "Büble Bier Edelbräu".

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 07:16 Sat 9/15/2012

Bit late to this, but on the question about what "Büble" means...probably like Franconian "Bübla", a local dialect diminuative form of "lad/boy". Well, at least possibly, if not probably.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40594 º places 1239 º 14:05 Sat 9/15/2012

Originally posted by Erlangernick
Bit late to this, but on the question about what "Büble" means...probably like Franconian "Bübla", a local dialect diminuative form of "lad/boy". Well, at least possibly, if not probably.

Thanks a lot for that - possibly or probably!

Never too late - ratings and entries all sorted, but always keen to learn more about the beer I drink, language/terms etc - especially in other countries!

lberges
beers 19 º places 64 º 12:27 Sat 11/3/2012

The Büble is the little boy on the label.

http://www.radeberger-gruppe.de/files/presse/images/abk-bueble-keyvisual-national.jpg?1323163148

The boy is definitely younger than 21, even younger than 16, but in Bavaria they kids start early.