American Airlines................

Reads 5759 • Replies 63 • Started Friday, May 8, 2015 7:53:30 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

My flight from London to LAX was great but the beer choice was just unbelievable:

Bud Light or Heineken.

I choose the Red Wine, a good option in the circumstances’.

British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are just as bad, why can’t they be bothered with show casing decent beers from their home countries?

<*))))))><

CH-303
beers 4550 º places 137 º 07:57 Fri 5/8/2015

Think I’ve had London Pride with BA in the past. RB 3.4 vs 1.2/2.09...

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 07:58 Fri 5/8/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
My flight from London to LAX was great but the beer choice was just unbelievable:

Bud Light or Heineken.

British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are just as bad, why can’t they be bothered with show casing decent beers from their home countries?

<*))))))><

What decent UK beers come in cans that are small serving sizes ie 330ml?

Airlines prefer small cans for ease of storage.

Fullers London Pride is as good as you’ll get on BA.

Scopey
beers 24187 º places 727 º 07:58 Fri 5/8/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

Bud Light or Heineken.

<*))))))><

sPunk IPA cums to mind.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 08:02 Fri 5/8/2015

You’re in an airplane 45,000 ft in the sky travelling 600mph making a journey half way across the globe that would have normally taken years if not generations to complete only a few hundred years ago and you’re complaining because they only have 2 beer choices.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 08:09 Fri 5/8/2015

Originally posted by pepsican
You’re in an airplane 45,000 ft in the sky travelling 600mph making a journey half way across the globe that would have normally taken years if not generations to complete only a few hundred years ago and you’re complaining because they only have 2 beer choices.

Beat me to it.

Jow
beers 7344 º places 487 º 08:10 Fri 5/8/2015

This is what Delta has for domestic offerings, they are the best i know of.

Lagunitas and Stone beer is now offered on Delta’s west coast shuttle (Los Angeles to San Francisco), while Blue Point and Newburyport beer is available on its east coast shuttle (New York to Boston, D.C. and Chicago). Ballast Point and Brooklyn Brewery beer is served on transcontinental flights (New York to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle), and SweetWater beer is available on southeast flights (Atlanta to Florida, New York, D.C. and New Orleans). Samuel Adams is available on all flights.

Then here is a list of other craft options while flying again only US. I would think international flights is where you need it more but moving in right direction

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/best-beers-on-plane-airlines-offer-craft-beers-onboard

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 08:12 Fri 5/8/2015

Originally posted by Scopey
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

Bud Light or Heineken.

<*))))))><

sPunk IPA cums to mind.

Yeah - that’s the same size as the Pride cans - thinking they were bigger for some reason.

Yip!

<*))))))><

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 08:15 Fri 5/8/2015

Originally posted by Scopey
sPunk IPA cums to mind.

Virgin serve this (bottled version) in their lounges at Heathrow and Gatwick. Tiger is about as good it gets onboard though.

Originally posted by phaleslu

Beat me to it.

I wasn’t around a few hundred years ago and if I had been we would have stowed some decent barrels of beer on the ships before we set off!

<*))))))><