An American Brewery Makes the World’s Best Berliner Weiss and it may end up #1!

Reads 2667 • Replies 34 • Started Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:00:02 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 00:47 Thu 8/2/2012

47 people sure is a good sample datasets for qualifying in world’s best beers. I personally don’t agree with that system.

What should the number of ratings for a beer to enter the top 50 be instead?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 04:36 Thu 8/2/2012

To be honest, a lot of the recent ratings of that beer need to be deleted.

They weren’t brewed at CCB.. they were brewed by Wakefield on his small system and aren’t allowed to be rated in the database.

This goes for a few of his berliners.

Once his brewery is up and running in the not so distant future, the CCB versions will definitely be retired and we’ll create new entries under a database for his brewery and the process will start over..

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 04:37 Thu 8/2/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
To be honest, a lot of the recent ratings of that beer need to be deleted.

They weren’t brewed at CCB.. they were brewed by Wakefield on his small system and aren’t allowed to be rated in the database.

This goes for a few of his berliners.

Once his brewery is up and running in the not so distant future, the CCB versions will definitely be retired and we’ll create new entries under a database for his brewery and the process will start over..

If it’s a more recent rating.. and not from Hunah Day 2012.. then it’s not a valid entry as I understand it.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 04:41 Thu 8/2/2012

So all the Cajunfest ratings.. and Berliner Bash ratings.. and the bottle Dak shared recently technically were not rateable.

FrumptyDumpty
04:57 Thu 8/2/2012

Alright but if that is the case and you know about them then why not clean em up?

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 05:10 Thu 8/2/2012

All this excitement and no one thought to take a photo of a glass of it for the database? Be reasonable people... when I go look at a beers ratings page that’s pulling those sort of numbers I expect at the very least a picture.

yobdoog
beers 1888 º places 94 º 07:01 Thu 8/2/2012

For now at least, until this weekend when Spider Bite officially releases their first Berliner, they will sure be given a run for their money!

Puddintane
beers 2 º 07:30 Thu 8/2/2012

Originally posted by yobdoog
For now at least, until this weekend when Spider Bite officially releases their first Berliner, they will sure be given a run for their money!

ISO!!!!

SPDickerman
beers 1239 º places 95 º 07:34 Thu 8/2/2012

Originally posted by tyler_mn
This thread is destined for greatness...

+1