Android app upgrade: places and breweries

Reads 2813 • Replies 35 • Started Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:32:29 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 01:10 Mon 6/27/2016

Thanks very much for the update, Eric! tiong, are you using BeerBuddy? I get that message even when sync actually works.

Sigmund
beers 13313 º places 446 º 17:16 Tue 6/28/2016

Can’t access any places on my laptop now - no app used there. I get the "this page is not healthy" message. Is this a general problem at the moment?

Sigmund
beers 13313 º places 446 º 01:32 Wed 6/29/2016

Originally posted by Sigmund
Can’t access any places on my laptop now - no app used there. I get the "this page is not healthy" message. Is this a general problem at the moment?

Seems to be fixed now, thanks!

Inbreak
beers 9950 º 11:05 Wed 6/29/2016

Originally posted by Sigmund

And new beers in "local" has been gone for a few days...

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 13:08 Wed 6/29/2016

Originally posted by Koelschtrinker
2. Synchronising still doesn’t work for me

Same here, using 2.0.6 and get the "ratings synchronization failed" notification immediately. Happens every single time I click the refresh button.

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 02:48 Thu 6/30/2016

not sure if I am special but all these options work for me. RB itself has been staling for me in the past 48 hours and the app does as well at that time. But when RB is running so is the app.

I am now using the offline rating option for beers not in the database. Then I add the beers at a later time and update the rating.

Loving the app. Miss the messaging option but I understand why its no longer available.

Koelschtrinker
beers 28835 º places 22 º 17:14 Sat 7/23/2016

I am really missing the info text about the beers

GoufCustom
beers 3017 º places 128 º 10:50 Sun 7/24/2016

I am really missing the info text about the beers

Same here. The old app version with beer info and descriptionm, which was very handy not only for live rating but also for buying beers at beer shops. Now I have to use the RB web page on the phone whenever I want to see beer description which is very inconvenient. I would love to see the beer info/description back into the new app. Thanks!

DSG
beers 25798 º places 162 º 12:11 Thu 9/1/2016

So much better with recent updates! Especially the addition of beer descriptions and actual scores (and not just precentiles).

Only thing I’m still missing is the ability to add barcodes when they are missing from the database.

Thanks a lot for that update - important functions imho.

Some problems still exist in this version:
1. ABV is still shown as 4 instead of 4.x e.g.
2. Synchronising still doesn’t work for me
3. Beers at at the brewery tab are shown as in full site but without "Brewed for " or "Brewed by" so that at some breweries you have a lot of beers listed not in alphabetical order. Look at "Lidl" e.g.
4. Not sure but I don’t think you are redirected to an alias if you start with an offline rating and search the beer afterwards.
5. Barcode Scanner only accepts one ZXing Scanner

1. fixed :-)