Anyone want some free beer in Windsor tomorrow night?

Reads 415 • Replies 10 • Started Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:52:33 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40732 º places 1239 º 12:52 Tue 11/18/2014

Got a spare place alongside Wingmanwillis and myslef for the Knights Club members night at the Windsor & Eton brewery tomorrow evening.

It’s 7 - 9pm.

Drink as much as you want on me.

Usually 6 or 7 different beers on, plus they are launching their new ’craft’ arm tomorrow night, Uprising brewing.

We’ll be getting the train from Waterloo to Riverside, probably the 1728.

Can meet on train, at the spoons, or at the brewery.

Shout if you’re interested.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 13:37 Tue 11/18/2014

Isn’t it Paddy’s son doing the Uprising stuff?

Can’t make tommorow I’m afraid

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40732 º places 1239 º 13:45 Tue 11/18/2014

Yeah thats right Chris, Kieran I think his name is, young lad with a beard and longish hair.

BeerViking
beers 9209 º places 134 º 13:30 Wed 11/19/2014

Drat, only just seen this. I hope you’re enjoying it!

wheresthepath
beers 3456 º places 284 º 22:27 Wed 11/19/2014

How were the Uprising beers? And do they count as a separate Berkshire brewery that I need to track down?

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40732 º places 1239 º 02:05 Thu 11/20/2014

It was just the one Uprising beer.

It was good, decent keg IPA, gave it a 3.6.

No hop bomb but well balanced and nice to sink a pint of, lots of juicy citrics going down.

I will add Uprising as a separate brewery, brewing at W&E.

Kieren did a little speech and it is very much his own gig, brewing less traditional and more American influenced beers when compared to W&E.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 04:39 Thu 11/20/2014

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

depends on the ownership, if entirely a subsidary is not listed separately just included within the main W&E page (a la Beerd or Brains Craft...)

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40732 º places 1239 º 04:42 Thu 11/20/2014

Originally posted by Beersiveknown

depends on the ownership, if entirely a subsidary is not listed separately just included within the main W&E page (a la Beerd or Brains Craft...)

I’ve added it now, separate brewery, contract brewing at W&E.
It seems to be the young lad running it all himself.
Didn’t get chance to chat to any of them last night but will do next time I’m over.
Feel free to query with them yourself.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 07:46 Thu 11/20/2014

I don’t think we need to get too hung up on ownership. Ownership is not always clear, or clear cut. It’s beyond our scope to get involved in investigation of corporate structures. I know W&E is far from being big multinational with all sorts of offshore fancy corporate footwork and the like, but things can still be less than straightforward.

Let’s say Uprising is a separate registered company. And let’s say the shareholders are Paddy (50%) and his son (50%). And let’s assume Paddy is the majority sharehoder of W&E. Does that mean that Uprising is "owned" by W&E. What about if the shareholding were 60% Paddy & 40% his son? In practice, we just wouldn’t want to spend the time looking into that sort of thing. Only a certain amount of registered company information is available online and free of charge anyway. And, if it were a separate business but not a registered company, there’s no public record to consult.

If it seems to be operated separately and is presented as such, that’s probably good enough for me.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 08:51 Thu 11/20/2014

Originally posted by chriso

I don’t think we need to get too hung up on ownership. Ownership is not always clear, or clear cut. It’s beyond our scope to get involved in investigation of corporate structures. I know W&E is far from being big multinational with all sorts of offshore fancy corporate footwork and the like, but things can still be less than straightforward.

Let’s say Uprising is a separate registered company. And let’s say the shareholders are Paddy (50%) and his son (50%). And let’s assume Paddy is the majority sharehoder of W&E. Does that mean that Uprising is "owned" by W&E. What about if the shareholding were 60% Paddy & 40% his son? In practice, we just wouldn’t want to spend the time looking into that sort of thing. Only a certain amount of registered company information is available online and free of charge anyway. And, if it were a separate business but not a registered company, there’s no public record to consult.

If it seems to be operated separately and is presented as such, that’s probably good enough for me.

So beerd should have its own listing too, separate brewkit, autonomous brewer, lots of collabs, would certainly split the statistics in a more reflective way. Happy to move the beers if agreed

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 09:07 Thu 11/20/2014

What I know about Beerd is somewhere between zero and fuck all. Quaffale lists it separately FWIW.