Beer Camp Festivals

Reads 1744 • Replies 29 • Started Tuesday, May 17, 2016 2:05:41 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 23:10 Fri 5/27/2016

Originally posted by bytemesis
I am not even a brewer, but let me take a crack at it.

-- Bob has his own brewery, and his own brewing schedule. He can’t just drop everything and swing by any time.

Obviously, there is a timing issue. But most breweries have more than one guy to do the work. So, taking a week off shouldn’t really hurt a brewery.

Bob is not a few miles away, he is a few states away. He needs a plane ticket, preferably purchased in advance.

I do hope SN would pay for the ticket. Lets call it a grand over a week. A drop in the bucket for the scale we are talking. And, yes timing is key for all the beers but again it doesn’t make the beer more expensive. Same ingredients, same cost.

Oh, and now thirty-one breweries must share somehow in the profits of this one product

Do we have any information that collab breweries share in the profit of the beer? I thought it all goes to SN but the other breweries get a little free advertisement.

I am sure a big part of this is me talking out of my ass. I actually don’t know how this shit works. It just appears that the costs of collab beers are inflated for reasons unrelated to the cost of making the beer.

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 23:58 Fri 5/27/2016

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
costs of collab beers are inflated for reasons unrelated to the cost of making the beer.

and I am curious what you spent on other beers you enjoy that had no collaborators. seriously - on the per ouce price, were you to compare the SN Collab 12pk with say, a caged 750ml - what would the comparison be?

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 00:33 Sat 5/28/2016

Originally posted by fly
costs of collab beers are inflated for reasons unrelated to the cost of making the beer.

and I am curious what you spent on other beers you enjoy that had no collaborators. seriously - on the per ouce price, were you to compare the SN Collab 12pk with say, a caged 750ml - what would the comparison be?

I don’t disagree. However, I can’t recall a time I bought an IPA in a 750mL. Unfortunately, I can no longer find 6 packs of imperial stouts I enjoy.

Travlr
beers 33887 º places 4583 º 07:42 Sat 5/28/2016

Originally posted by nuplastikk
Originally posted by fly
kind of $$$).

Are you willing to divulge what you are willing to pay for the beers you enjoy?

I think the conversation has take a turn from my original intention. I was merely pointing out that SN is finding new ways to monetize their brand and offhandedly mentioned the increase in the 12-pack price. There is nothing "wrong" with that. I try to spend my money on smaller breweries and I actually enjoy some products that SB makes. So, if I see a fresh 12oz single, I would buy it but I don’t buy sixers or 12-packs.

Fly, if you actually care how much I spend on beer, I actually have rules I try to stick to. I have a soft limit on ~$10 for large format bottles. Willing to go up a little more for 750mL cork&cage of a style I like. Usually, less on bombers of less interesting styles. At the bar, don’t pay more than $1 an ounce.

Of course, all rules get broken but these guidelines help me keep my spending in check. I am also a bargain beer hunter. For example, Total Wine around here usually clears out pumpkin beers and holiday beers after the season. I usually can find the X-mas Belgian beers on deep discount. This year picked up Jolly Pumpkin La Parcela for $9, Bush de Noël Premium for $5 (down from $20). I could keep going but its probably boring to everyone else.

Bush Noel for 5 dollars sounds dangerous. In an awesome way.

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 22:01 Sat 6/11/2016

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 23:06 Sat 6/11/2016

Noice!

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 23:56 Sat 6/11/2016

That looks like a Grocery Outlet tag....already?

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 00:25 Sun 6/12/2016

Originally posted by joeneugs

Bevmo?

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 01:10 Sun 6/12/2016

Originally posted by joeneugs

Ding ding ding. My fav place to buy beer in Seattle.