Beer Gonzo Earlsdon Coventry

Reads 998 • Replies 17 • Started Monday, November 10, 2014 5:05:28 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 03:08 Tue 11/11/2014

i went to coventry once ... but u know , i try not to go north of Watford if i can help it.

minutemat
beers 14700 º places 551 º 03:16 Tue 11/11/2014

Originally posted by Fin
Originally posted by minutemat
Always wanted to check out Beer Gonzo, never had the chance! Also don’t forget Stirchley Wines!

Yes I have been to Stirchley as well, albeit a few years back now and whilst I didn’t mean to forget it and I don’t doubt for one minute that it is still a great place, I hear that the new kids on the block have ratcheted things up a notch or two in comparison to what Stirchley can offer.

Yes Cotteridge is bigger & have a tap room but unlike Jaz the chap at Stirchley actually drinks & can offer great recommendations. Not that Jaz doesnt offer good advice as well.. but both have stuff the other doesnt & ive found Stirchleys opening hours better. Twice ive called into CW to find it shut but Stirchley open.

RobertoRoss
06:27 Tue 11/11/2014

Originally posted by Fin
Always wanted to check out Beer Gonzo, never had the chance! Also don’t forget Stirchley Wines!

Yes I have been to Stirchley as well, albeit a few years back now and whilst I didn’t mean to forget it and I don’t doubt for one minute that it is still a great place, I hear that the new kids on the block have ratcheted things up a notch or two in comparison to what Stirchley can offer.

Yes Cotteridge is bigger & have a tap room but unlike Jaz the chap at Stirchley actually drinks & can offer great recommendations. Not that Jaz doesnt offer good advice as well.. but both have stuff the other doesnt & ive found Stirchleys opening hours better. Twice ive called into CW to find it shut but Stirchley open.

Jaz takes a growler home everyday so not sure where you’ve got your drinking information from?

Also, Cotteridge is open everyday from noon till 9, including Sunday, which is pretty easy to remember If you ask me.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 07:23 Tue 11/11/2014

I like both places, Cotteridge has a bigger range especially UK and US stuff but Stirchley have had European things in that I’ve wanted too. The fact they’re so close together is a bonus

tommann
beers 7123 º places 33 º 11:48 Tue 11/11/2014

Cotteridge of my favourite shop.

DruncanVeasey
beers 10348 º places 51 º 16:10 Tue 11/11/2014

Originally posted by Fin
Must say that I was hugely impressed with this place after visiting yesterday, a fantastic selection of beers, well laid out and with a good many rarities amongst them, it is superb and along with Cotteridge another stunning West Midlands bottle shop. Also not to be sniffed at was a jolly decent selection just along the road at A.P.Harvey Wines, but Beer Gonzo, seriously if you are in the area then certainly make a bee-line for this place. I have to say that if London is now the beer capital for pubs/bars etc in the UK then the West Midlands absolutely hammers the capital when it comes to bottle shops, no contest. Don’t get me wrong Bottle Dog, Uto Beer, Kris Wines, etc they are all good but none of them come anywhere close to Beer Gonzo or Cotteridge. London 0-2 West Midlands

Btw on that theme...Ahem....please feel free to ask me what I was doing in Coventry on a Sunday afternoon.

Shhhhh! Was hoping to keep Gonzo all to myself but now they’ve been outed and have gone all 21st century and online so there goes my personal wellspring of Kernels and Sirens..

As a lapsed Sky Blue it pains me (slightly) to say it but congrats on Sunday’s win Fin . Tragic as Cov’s recent decline has been and despite the Burge (Boro reject!!) sending off an incredible result for your boys. If only that miserable little tinpot outfit up the A444 could come close to a ’giant’-toppling like that.

Sigh.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 21:45 Tue 11/11/2014

i once saw Cov city stay up on the last day of the season in the prem ...around 1996 in a dramatic win @ Wimbledon (my team) @ selhurst park.. mad pitch invasion